Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Highlights from Fabulous Las Vegas

I couldn't possibly write about all that went on in my new favorite vacation destination, so I thought of trying to just list a few of the highlights! (Pictures will be soon to follow!)
  • Getting engaged on the flight from LAX to Vegas.
  • "I'm gunn lay him o'er an ironin' board and straighten him out!"
  • Driving down the strip and checking out the lights upon our arrival. (This would go hand in hand with seeing the strip from the plane!)
  • Delicious Sicilian style pizza.
  • French fries from Nathan's Hot Dogs!!!
  • The view from my hotel room!
  • The door to the Cathouse at the Luxor.
  • Everything about Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition... including, but not limited to the Grand Staircase and Promenade Deck recreations, recovered artifacts, the "Big Piece", shopping, and meeting Lee Merideth - Titanic historian and author that was actually present at the site when the 15 ton "Big Piece" was raised. He was so interesting to talk to, and rather inspiring. I now have an autographed copy of his book, advice from him that I should write my own book if I am that interested in Titanic, and I got to shake his hand. The entire experience of Titanic was amazing! I highly recommend visiting. The Big Piece will be at the Luxor for 10 years - so you have time to go!
  • Fat Tuesdays. Need I say more?
  • Hot girls in garter belts everywhere you look.
  • VIP Guest List to Studio 54.
  • Being the novelty straight girl at the gay bar.
  • Alex Serpa! Alex Serpa!! Alex Serpa!!!
  • Phantom of the Opera EVERYTHING!
  • The rich smell inside the Venetian.
  • All You Can Eat pancakes.
  • Walking barefoot down the strip.
  • Singing and pole dancing on the monorail.
  • Drunk dialing a friend back home. Hope that wasn't in the middle of the night!! Oh my - it felt like midnight - it was only 6:15pm!
  • Getting married to Johnny Depp.
  • Channeling my inner gangsta with Tupac.
  • Being approached/propositioned/hit on by an old man who says he is "from Europe" and asked if we need a ride because he "has a car". When I say old, I don't mean hot older man like Mark Harmon - I mean maybe 70 years old!
  • Margaritaville, Hard Rock Cafe, House of Blues --- I always feel at home!
  • Getting an hour and a half of sleep at night - if that.
  • The lights! The sounds! The gambling! The dancing! The drinks! The people! The EVERYTHING!
I am so in love with Sin City. It completes me. I am dying to go back, and I've not even been home for 24 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº