Thursday, February 5, 2009

I Need My Bonus Features!

Its my DVD obsession. I can't buy a DVD if it does not have adequate bonus features. My favorite feature -- the commentary!

Stand out commentaries would be Two Weeks Notice (how can you not swoon over Hugh Grant?), Titanic (with THREE different commentaries!) and Goonies. The Goonies commentary will never be topped. If you haven't yet watched it, run and do it now! It has all of the cast reunited together in one room watching this beloved classic and sharing stories and memories from the making of THE best movie of all time! Not only do we, the loyal viewers, get to hear the best cast of all time, we get to SEE them on the screen as they looked some 15 or so years later. I must admit I hardly ever just watch the movie anymore. I always pick the commentary version. Martha Plimpton is actually growing on me now - and Chunk - well he isn't such a chunky monkey now! (Have I mentioned to the world yet that Sean Astin and I stood maybe 6 feet from each other and had some moments of intense eye contact??)

If you have the time and interest, the Godfather is pretty good, too. The director talks nonstop (although he tends to repeat himself during the course of the trilogy) and has some pretty interesting things to say. If you aren't obsessed with the Godfather as I am, and haven't been working on your favorite dramatic monologues from the movie, perhaps this commentary will inspire you to become a super fan like me!

Along with DVD special features, I also enjoy buying TV on DVD. I like to watch without commercials - and have been known to watch hours in just one sitting. NCIS is my newest series to start buying. The first season only has one commentary, sadly. I'm hoping that I will be treated to more in the subsequent seasons. And I would really really REALLY love it if my boyfriend, Mark Harmon, would talk on some.

My future husband, Anthony Hopkins, apparently has a commentary on a 2-disc Silence of the Lambs dvd. I only have the original release - which was just one disc. How have I gone since 2007 without the 2-disc edition??? I don't know! BUT I just ordered it and will be happily sit ting down with my Hannibal Lecter action figure to listen to this new bit of bonus once it arrives in my mail box.

1 comment:

  1. I have seen the Goonies commentary, and you are right - it's awesome!!!! Especially if you love the movie.

    Nice blog! I look forward to reading your ramblings. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº