Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now

So we are just hours away from leaving town for the big Girls Weekend, and of course something has to go wrong! Lori is a congested mess! I've decided that the wonder cure for her will be to take a shot of peppermint schnapps. She has some Rumplemintz at home, so after my brilliant advisement, she'll be testing that theory out tonight. I remember my very first shot of schnapps. Oh, it was a good one! I only had the slightest sip (I think I was just 19 at the time), and I instantly felt my sinuses clear. I didn't even feel congested - but after the shot I felt even better than before!

So the head congestion is our only snafu so far. That and neither of us have really started packing. I keep trying, but I think I'll need more than just underwear a skirt and a sweater - which is all that's in my suitcase. That's not entirely true. I have also packed my cameras and memory cards.

I am thinking tonight HAS to be the night I pack. That gives me Thursday night to take care of any last minute shopping I might have to do. Friday I might be stopping on the way to PDX to pick up the sassiest of all "Mommie Dearest" shoes - which most would refer to as F*** Me Pumps.

No colds will be stopping us! No lack of packing will stop us! In the ever so brilliant words of Starship -- Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº