Tuesday, February 10, 2009

P.S. I Need A Tissue

P.S. I Love You - have you seen it? Do. My mother is trying to protest watching it with me, but I just feel she HAS to watch. Why? Mostly because I need to see if other people have the same reaction to it as I did.

I bought this movie last year, with the impression that it was a cute romantic comedy - something along the lines of You've Got Mail or Sleepless in Seattle. Holy cow was I wrong! I sat down alone to watch this movie completely naive as to what it would do to me. I was never really a movie crier until the Notebook came along. I thought that reaction was bad - that had nothing on P.S. I Love You!

By the time I was nearing the end, I was sobbing. Nearly uncontrollably sobbing. Steel Magnolias is a major tear jerker - but still, P.S. I Love You is worse! My hand wasn't sufficient to wipe away the tears, so I switched to my sleeve. That didn't work either. I had to resort to grabbing a towel from my kitchen just to keep up with the water works.

Gerard Butler is wonderful as Gerry. Of course he is my future husband, so I might be a little bit biased. I also loved Lisa Kudrow and Gina Gershon, but found the lead role of Holly to be miscast. Hillary Swank just didn't do it for me. She was fine I guess, but I get distracted by her huge teeth. She doesn't seem to be as young and soft as I would like the character to be. Jennifer Garner is who I imagine I'm watching every time I sit down for a good 2 hour cry.

So anyway, I really think you should watch it. And when you do, just give in and get the Kleenex handy. If you can make it through P.S. I Love You without crying let me know - and then I'll probably call you a liar! If I sobbed through it, anybody would!

1 comment:

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº