Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy 10th Birthday Anandapur!

March 18, 1999 marked the opening of the Asia section of Disney's Animal Kingdom. It has since expanded, but at its start it was just the small, quaint village of Anandapur. Anandapur will always be home to me. I spent 2 years of my life there before migrating to the Labor Office. Watching gibbons mate and have babies; teaching 1000s of guests a week how to buckle a simple seat belt; counting in groups of 12; training really cool friends; training not so cool people; morning and evening ride-throughs; unplanned "in-show exits"; leading evacuation training; turntable games to help pass the time; checking out hot dads; BRUCE WILLIS; Trainer Taboo; 103; 105s!; parade duty; ERs; Trek Talk; sweeping the queue; checking for shoes; cranky guests; free pretzels; Mr. Panika's shop; CDS; Flights of Wonder; "party of 1 or less", Magic Moments; the "Heathers"; Best Friends! .... I could go on ..... but pictures would be more fun! But first, let me please say:

Namaste! Welcome to Kali Rapids Expeditions, the number 1 rafting company in Anadapur - where you WILL get wet and possible soaked!

R**** in training!


Tram training - for use during the construction of Everest.


Playing in the queue at the end of the night!

Ride throughs in the dark were rare - but tons of fun!!


The ladies love Kevin!


Parade duty - not as easy at one would think!


I stood out like a sore thumb!


Trek Talk! Happens every night!


Mengkha - my prettiest, sweetest trainee ever!


The cultural celebration was so much fun for everybody!




Even I got in on the kid action!


Thank you Anandapur! You helped me have the time of my life!!

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know you worked for Disney. You lucky broad! I can only imagine how much fun that probably was....can't wait to read more stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hat priceless. Here was the child conversation. Child if you don't quit crying I am going to throw you in the Tiger's area. Have a great Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at Ronda interacting with a child. WTF/?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº