Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I am NOT an electrical worker

I fucking hate unions. Seriously. I am so anti-union, its a topic I won't even talk about normally. I've never seen the positive benefit of a stupid ass union. It seems to me that the union is only there to take your money (what damn benefit am I going to get from this??? NONE!). At Disney I watched the WORST employees ever continually show up every day; continually break rules; continually do things that should have gotten them fired. But no. They went running and crying like little immature babies to the union so they wouldn't lose their job. If you cared that much about your pathetic little job, then maybe, oh, I don't know .... JUST SHOW UP AND DO YOUR JOB! This one woman in particular, oh my gosh! She abused FMLA so much. Eventually she finally did get fired, and rightfully so. What did she do? Ran to the union to say she was fired for being a black woman. What the hell??? Okay - if you go to Central Florida just look around. She is NOT the minority! I lived in a complex where at a time I was the ONLY white girl I saw. So this huge company is being racist against little old YOU?? The one that can't show up to work and follow standard procedures? Good job, union. Way to go.
So now I am forced to join some stupid ass ELECTRICAL WORKERS union. The closest I get to electrical work is turning on my computer and my little desk heater. I would much rather donate the money the union would get to something more worthwhile, like the National Kidney Foundation or something. But instead I'm giving my money to nothing to do nothing for me. What a complete joke!

4 comments:

  1. WTF?!?! Electrical Workers Union?!?! I thought you were a pencil pusher. Ronda Rae... have you been keeping a secret all this time? What? Afraid all of your friends will beg you to come re-wire their homes or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm confused. I thought you were an accountant....?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to be an electrical worker. I think I was a Municipal Court Clerk at that time. I'm sure it makes perfect sense to someone somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also pretty suspicious of unions. At least in my state its illegal to force you to join one. You can work the same job at a "union" company and not be a member.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº