Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Is This Irish Fashion Sense?

I was sitting at work trying to decide why I felt kind of grumpy. I realized it was because of Saint Patrick's Day. The holiday doesn't bug me. I am indifferent on it. I'm not Irish. I'm not a beer drinking. I'm just a German girl that likes my Rumplemintz schnapps. What I realize has been bothering me is the fashion.

What is it about this day that brings out the worst clothes? It is the day when grade school teachers show up practically looking like a freaking four leaf clover. Unless I am in Vegas at the Fitzgerald, I don't really need to see four leaf clovers on clothing. By 9am I had already seen this absolutely horrible green on green thrown together "pant suit". Green denim jacket with green pants of a totally different shade. When did this monstrosity become acceptable?

I feel like I am stick in some 80's time warp right now. Some of these garments shouldn't have even been made int eh first place. Today's clothing rivals that of the things one would wear as a joke to the ugly holiday sweater party - yet I see the people in these disasters walking around thinking they look legitimately good.

Red heads, like Marcia Cross on Desperate Housewives, seem to wear a lot of green. I don't have red hair. I don't own any green clothes. I don't see why or how it would even fit into my closet and not look stupid and unwelcome... especially if it had warn out clovers stitched on it.

I am so ready for March 18 - where I plan to discuss something that is a year 'round disgrace .... the Visible Panty Line.

1 comment:

  1. Posted by Vicki Mitchell on Facebook:

    "The classiest St. Patty's shirts are on very mature women in WalMart!!!"

    I think she's probably correct.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº