Saturday, March 7, 2009

Panthers, Generals & Indians

I spent the day in a room with tacky poster board decorations. On the posters were photos and magazine cut-outs to showcase what happened throughout the last 34 years. SNL, the space shuttle Columbia, spotted owls, the Gulf War, Saddam Hussein.... They remind me of going to school and working on different projects. I actually did work on a senior year project in that very building. All of this brought back so many memories. Here are a few:
  • Trapper Keeper tours in 5th grade with Heather. We ended up getting our name on the board for that one.
  • My 5th grade bloody nose that wouldn't quit.
  • Creating a HUGE mess on the band room carpet in 9th grade. Dumping tons of various cleaning products on a pencil shaving mess is NOT a good idea!
  • Fullerton IV talent shows.
  • Rumors of Mr. Silverman showing up drunk to the school carnival.
  • Scoliosis testing. So mortifying to be topless in front of strangers.
  • Warm fuzzies/cold pricklies.
  • "Bathroom" breaks during Mr. Howe's class - i.e. visiting Sara in Mr. Marsh's class.
  • Mr. D. - seriously, wasn't he terrifying?? Although he was rad during archery, with his "chocolate morsels" that the rest of us would call Tootsie Rolls!
  • Mr. P - he was The Best!!
  • Getting kicked off the band bus in 9th grade. Mr. P didn't even get mad at me for it!
  • Our 10th grade marching band trip to Disneyland. -- Hey Sara --- "Tom's a babe!" - my throat hurts just thinking about how loud you made me scream that!
  • Band camp. *insert jokes here*
  • FBLA trips and playing on hotel balconies
  • 1995 State Football champs!
  • Keith Tooley. :-(
  • Painting a mural on the wall of the accounting room at RHS.
  • RHPS at Grad Night
  • Shark dissection with Mr. Pillette.
  • Grade school plays like Oliver and the Wackadoo Zoo.
  • That traumatizing "Miracle of Life" video -- okay, so I didn't watch it. It was too painful and bloody to look at!
  • Prom?? Oh wait. I never went.
  • Times tables and spelling lists.
  • Tuesday nights at the Skater's Derby.
  • And last, but certainly not least .... Sandy Rice School of Dance.
So the memories are fun. But I am soooo glad school is over!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº