Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Virgin No More?

I am so sad. Its leaving... the Virgin Megastore in Orlando at Downtown Disney. It was my favorite store down there. You could hardly even call it a store. It was so much more. Books, cds, dvds, imports, toys, clothes, piano music, video games, calendars, magazines, coffee shop.... they have it all. You could be in there forever and not get bored.

When I lived in Orlando I was always at the Virgin Megastore - which is clearly seen when looking at my collection of imported cds - and my favorite Goonie's t-shirt that I picked up last year. On vacation a couple of years ago I found a great deal on my portable dvd player that also plays my iPod. I love that thing!

And now, in May 2009, it is closing. I am so bummed. I wanted to take Jessica there this year during our vacation. I know she would have been like a kid in a candy store. I guess now I'll just have to take her to the actual candy store a few doors down.

They better not take away my House of Blues. I would be crushed.
Maybe they'll put in something better?

1 comment:

  1. We had a Virgin store here too and it closed last year ;-(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº