Tuesday, April 14, 2009

American Idol: Songs from the Movies

* LIVE BLOG ALERT! UPDATING DURING COMMERCIALS! *

I hear Quentin Tarantino is on. I suppose we can't get lucky enough to have a slip up of the f-bomb from him like during the 1997 Oscar red carpet show. Why is the intro so long? Have they forgotten how last week ran long? Top 7 - this season is going by fast for me. I think the blogging makes it less painful. I totally want to watch Pulp Fiction now. That movie is a classic! Quentin kicks ass. He is so kooky! And he says the F word a lot. Gotta love that! What a long intro. DUDE! They met THE man! Lucky bastards! I wanna meet Quentin!

1. Allison - Her hair is so horrendous and I'm not talking about the color. I love how a movie maker is critiquing music. He is a dude with no fear. Okay - the girl. I need to stop looking at her fat neck. I'm not her fan. She is a great singer though. That fugly outfit is NOT flattering to her physique. I find this song kind of boring and she isn't making it unboring for me. A couple notes I didn't like -- BUT a much better start to the show than we've been used to!

2. Anoop - This song was cool ... in Junior freaking High! What the bloody hell is he wearing? I'm over him. I've been over him. That long ooooh was killing me. This doesn't make me want to go run out and watch Robin Hood again. Too many dead "ooh's" in that version. BORING.

* Randy looks so barfy. *
* Anoop is in a zone? WHAT? What kind of zone is that?? *

1-866-IDOLS-03

3. Adam - So cute. Obviously Quentin would be an Adam fan. Those two seem compatible. Yeah - 'bout time we got old rough Adam back. And the eye liner! Sweet!!! He completes me. He can sing songs I don't care for and suddenly I don't hate them. I enjoy how when a note will typically stay one note over and over or dip low, and he mixes it up a couple steps higher or even an entire octave higher. He is letting it all out there tonight! That kicked Anoop's ass. And did I mention how hot Adam is yet? His teeth are beautiful. I know I've said that before, but teeth matter. And um.... I love RHPS! Adam = c.u.t.e.!!

1-866-IDOLS-03

4. Matt - This song has always bored me, too. But I like this better than Anoop's performance. This week sounds like he is finally just singing and not trying to sound like someone else. Yuck - he went high and I didn't like it. Sounded sloppy on his way back to the regular notes. Final falsetto was fine though. Ah there - Randy mentioned the messy part. Thanks Randy!

5. Danny - Hand gestures - YES! I can probably totally mimic Danny's hand gestures. What is with this gross old songs? No offense, Mommy - but this is like something I'd roll my eyes over during karaoke at your house. Why is the dude yelling this song? That was not singing. Its not a yell type song. Glad we have no glasses tonight. I didn't think it was beautiful like Paula said. It was strained and painful. But that's just my opinion, and that means I am right! Duh!

6. Kris - How is it I have nothing to say? I don't know the song. Maybe that's why? Why didn't anybody do My Heart Will Go On? It is the anniversary of the Titanic hitting the iceberg after all. I do like Kris though. Nice, cute guy. I enjoyed him 2nd best I think. I appreciate his lack of yelling and his soft singing. I think my ears just needed a break from Danny's obnoxious strained voice and Matt's tangents.

7. Lil - Oh great. Gospel. Yeah. I'm going to gag. Let's see how huge that ass is tonight. Damn - those heels are insane! Her hair looks stupid. Ew - she totally hit a BAD note and just garbled a bunch of runs over it. I heard it. You can't fool me. I was a Ricketts Review judge, dammit! The "gospel" middle felt manic to me and I just had an audible "ew" on that last note. I love that Simon just rolled his eyes. Simon - glad he's not praising that performance. She was overrated and is just proving it every week. She is NOT great!

The recap does prove that aside from Allison a tad and Adam, it was a night of boring songs and boring performances.

VOTE FOR ADAM!!!

5 comments:

  1. You'll have to fill me in on what I've missed. Jim has been raving about how great Adam is that I've totally missed everything thereafter. He thinks the show should just stop now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please help me. He won't shut up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is going on? Her voice is shaky and she keeps sliding off key. Thank goodness it's over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG you were a ricketts review judge? i think i did hula there for two years. oh, and I heard that bad note (or two) from Lil. Definitely overrated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My fav's for the night? Not that it matters! :-p
    1st- Adam... of course!
    2nd- Danny
    3rd- Kris
    Lil needs to take her ass home this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº