Tuesday, May 19, 2009

T-Minus 5 Months and Counting

October 16th is coming up so fast! In less than 5 months Jessica and I will be loading up our suitcases and heading to sunny Florida. Is it too early to write about our trip? Nah. I don't think so .... after all, we've had this planned since 2008!

What sorts of fun activities do we have planned you ask? I'd be happy to share!

  • An educational, yet exciting day at the Kennedy Space Center, which will be followed by some frolicking in the Atlantic Ocean at Cocoa Beach.
  • The International Food & Wine Festival in Epcot. World Showcase is THE place to be. Tons of food and drinks from around the world, free concerts, cute bartenders in Morocco, yummy popcorn, amazing atmosphere.... Last year the concerts I saw were Jon Secada (too much ego!) and Sister Hazel (awesome!!)
  • Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in the Magic Kingdom. Jessica and I will get to dress up in costumes and go trick or treating in the coolest setting ever! Upon entering the park, guests are given a bag for their candy and absolutely everything is covered with Halloween decorations. There is a parade naturally themed to the Disney villains. The Headless Horseman leads it off - and let me tell you there is nothing cooler than seeing a beautiful, big, black horse with a headless man go galloping down the street! Fireworks finish off the night, and they are the BEST fireworks I have ever seen!
  • Along those lines - except NOT child friendly at all - Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios. I can do an entire blog just on "HHN". It is a completely terrifying, non-stop party. There are themed "scare zones", "haunted mazes" and live stage shows. My favorite show being the Rocky Horror Picture Show tribute, of course! I really think and hope that Jessica will love it as much as I do!!
  • As if that isn't enough - we have over a week to visit Disney's four theme parks, Downtown Disney, mini-golf, boat rentals, horseback riding ... you name it, we can do it!
I am positive this will be a vacation Jessica and I will never forget!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº