Friday, May 1, 2009

Top o' the Muffin to You!

I just had a blueberry muffin that Kori brought in yesterday. Kori is so awesome - even more so now that she helped satisfy my muffin craving from 2 nights ago. The muffin was from Safeway. Their muffins are the best. Kori's right though - this batch was a bit under-cooked, yet still good.

My favorite Safeway muffins seem to be extinct, at least at our Roseburg Safeway. They were apple. They had caramel on the top. Not a coating, just a little swirl. The inside had apple chunks. It tasted like apple pie filling. I loved those things. I don't normally shop at Safeway - only to track down Girl Scout cookies and the rare muffin run. I wish they'd bring back the apple.

In the absence of the apple, blueberry is my new choice. I don't even eat blueberries. I've always picked them out of food; never had a blueberry on its own, either. Ok, I confess, I do pick them out of the muffin, too. I just enjoy the fruity taste it leaves behind. I hint of a sweet surprise mid-muffin.

I wonder if I could bake them on my own. I doubt it. I won't even try. I don't need to mess up a good thing!


{"Muffin" mentioned 10 times total}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº