Friday, July 24, 2009

Pixie Dust? Anywhere?

Burnout has happened again. At this point I don't even know what to do to re-find my accounting "Pixie Dust," if you will. Thank goodness for a few cool co-workers that help keep me sane. I wish I could remember how I recovered my Disney Pixie Dust years ago. I lost it twice, but got it back stronger than ever by the time I hung up my ears and came home. Here I have no ears to wear or straighten. I juts have a big, cold desk in the noisiest, most annoying work environment ever. My job duties themselves - I have fun with that. I don't enjoy doing other people's jobs when they are here and just avoiding doing them. Helping out when things are busy - fine! I'm a team player, I can do that. But doing your job because you want to go walk around and eat? That is what I am not cool with. I am not going to become the office slave and do whatever the lazy asses want me to do. I have my own duties, I want to focus on them and continue to learn more things to help MY job. Not yours. I've never seen people eat as much as I do here. It is very bizarre to me. I can't listen to my iPod anymore - so that means I have to suffer and listen to endless personal phone calls and blaring, twangy country music. I will go postal eventually if something doesn't change. I'm sure I am perceived as a totally unpleasant, unfriendly cold bitch. Really I'm not. I just don't want to talk to you, so I don't. I'm not fake. I won't pretend to like you. I won't boost your ego when it isn't deserved. I won't be some old fashioned country woman that enjoys potlucks and surprise "goodies" for people. I hate the word "goodies" by the way.

I thought my Vegas vacation would have helped me not hate it here. I realize now that its just full-blown burnout and 1 day away from here won't solve it.

If you have any tips on helping me not be miserable for 7 hours of my work day, PLEASE let me know!!!

I guess the good news is there is supposedly a light at the end of this tunnel. I just wish it would get here faster. I don't know what the freaking hold up is actually - which I think adds to the overall annoyance of most of us here. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº