Tuesday, September 29, 2009

1998 Nose Brain

Do you ever have a smell pop into your memory? Its not even remotely close to any smells in your nose range, but you just get that smell in your brain?  It just happened to me.

It is the smell of the Memorial Union food court area at Oregon State University. Not too many students around, but Burger King is filling the air with a mixture of hamburger and fries and ketchup. The ketchup is the part that is really present in my smell memory right now.  I miss those days. Sitting at a table between classes pretending to study, but really just day-dreaming and people watching and picking up football players. Wait, what? Never mind. Moving on ..... (shout out to the '98 team!)

You can't get that same smell anymore. Burger King is long gone, as is Woodstock's Pizza. I guess I'm glad I was at OSU when I was. We had yummy food back then. I really do miss that place so much. If it was at all practical, I would totally do college over again, or go get my masters. For now I suppose home football games will have to do on satisfying my overall college cravings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº