Thursday, September 10, 2009

Honey, I Expanded the Inspiration!

I don't know what it is about this music, but every time I hear it I feel so inspired. Inspired to write. Inspired to paint. Inspired to photograph something. I end up having what I consider to be brilliant thoughts. I get excited. Excited to start jogging running again. Excited to try to kick Michael's ass at checkers tonight. Excited to take my dog for a walk. VERY excited to help Jessica pop her WDW cherry next month!

What is the music? It is the Honey, I Shrunk the Audience pre-show music.


I'm going to go on a limb and say that the majority of my readers have no idea what it is. But I know some of you do. It starts with Epcot feeling instrumental music, then "True Colors", and more instrumental. The end is, of course, capped off with a message welcoming you to the Imagination Institute and, for your safety, reminding you to not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated in your seat safely.

It is making me so excited! In general, you can't really top a Walt Disney World vacation... unless you are going with someone on their very first Walt DisneyWorld Vacation! Jessica has never been, and I cannot wait to watch her experience all of my favorite things for her first time. I hope she enjoys the sights, sounds and smells as much as I do. For me, it is the little things that I look forward to.
  • Walking down Main Street at night with all the twinkle lights shining and the amazing background music helping to frame my memories.
  • The first entrance through a theme park turnstile.
  • The first sight of Cinderella's Castle, the Tree of Life, Spaceship Earth, and the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.
  • Cheesy jokes that some roll their eyes at, but I find funny enough to make me laugh out loud.


  • Peaceful, beautiful locations like Canada pavilion or the China smoking area. Believe it or not - the most serene locations in Disney World are all clouded by the dirty air and smell of cigarette smoke.
  • Standing in line for the delicious chips in the United Kingdom before hearing the British Invasion play.
  • Frontierland's background music.
  • Shopping!


  • Monorail rides - just for the fun of it!
  • Walt Disney World french fries - I'm sure they are just regular, but only taste better because of their location.
  • Ooh - WDW popcorn! The BEST!
  • Visiting my old stomping grounds and remembering the fun of working there.
  • Checking into our hotel room.
  • Everything about Disney's Animal Kingdom, but mostly the quiet trails around the Tree of Life.
With anything, there are the not-so-great aspects.
  • Parents yelling at their children, threatening to take them to the car.
  • Being run over by strollers and SUVs.
  • Brazilian tour groups.
And then there is our visit to other places like the beach, Kennedy Space Center and Universal's Halloween Horror Nights. I LOVE Halloween Horror Nights so much - I imagine there will be a blog just dedicated to our nights there. My dream job is to be an astronaut, so I am really excited about starting our trip at NASA. I think that no matter where we go, or what we do, Jessica and I are going to have an amazing, inspiring time! Who knows what it will inspire us to do --- and we might just not tell you!

1 comment:

  1. You're making me really want to go to Disneyworld. I love Disneyland but I am still scarred by my experience at Disneyworld. We took our 14 month old teething child...'nuf said.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº