Friday, September 18, 2009

Milestone #2 Completed!

I've decided to start having multiple milestones. I think I like the feeling of accomplishing something, so I want to set mini goals along the way to the BIG goal just to keep me motivated.My 1st milestone was just registering and paying for the two 5K races coming up.  My 2nd milestone --- I have finished week 1 of the 9 week training program!

Its one small step for most people - but one GIANT step for R**** R**!! Um, yeah - if you didn't know --- R**** is not a runner. . . yet!!

Last night was my final run for week 1, and I did it with  my best time results so far. I did the full 29 minutes, but actually added some distance traveled in that 29 minutes. I did 2.5 miles. all by my little ol' self!To everybody else I'm sure that isn't that much. But for me, someone that thought she could never run a mile - making progress toward the longer run is a huge deal. I'm excited to start running more and walking less, but I will follow the program the exact way that little voice in my iPod tells me.

Oh and speaking of iPods.... you know how they sell fancy gadgets for it, including arm bands for running? Yeah - I made my own during my warm up walk. Its called a sports bra! My iPod fit just fine in there and let me have free hands for pulling my hair back in a tighter pony tail.

So anyway - I did the first 3 nights, and because I am so motivated, I am going to tack on a 4th run for this week on Saturday morning. Monday will start week 2 and new running adventures!


And a little note to Holly .... you know your blog about being one of those "those people" that looks into fitness centers when they go on vacation? Yeah - I just realized I suddenly became one of "those people" too! I realized it when I was printing out the bike/running trails in Sunriver. Yikes! This is like a big 180!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº