Friday, September 11, 2009

A Simple Walk-Thru

I was in grade school.
I was mortified.
Now it would be funny.  Back then - not so much.

My dad and I were out and about in the bustling 'Burg.  We were driving in his old pick-up truck. It was time for food, so we made what was supposed to be a quick pit stop at Wendy's. I imagine I was getting some kid's meal consisting of a square hamburger with only cheese and ketchup, fries and a Frostie. Our order was placed at the drive up and it was time to pull forward on our way to the pick-up window.
We never moved forward.

The pick-up died. We weren't going anywhere. I'm sure I "helped" push it out of the way so my dad could work on it and get it going again. But there was still the issue of our food. 

What was the solution?

I, little old grade school R****, had to WALK through the DRIVE-thru. Cars in front of me and behind me, and there I stood. I imagine my hands were trembling as I held the money - but mostly I was just completely mortified. You drive through the drive through - not walk - especially as a chubby little girl.

So embarrassing. I think about it now every single time I drive through that drive-up. Thank goodness I have a trusty, cute car (knock on wood...)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº