Thursday, September 24, 2009

Tough Decisions

It is coming. It is so close I can almost smell it. It is Halloween!!

I am so excited for nearly all things Halloween. (I don't like hiding from trick or treaters when I'm home alone or being nervous about being attacked --- that can be a story for another blog.) If I wasn't going to be out of town on Halloween night, I may have actually handed out candy this year since I have Michael around, but oh well.

What I am most excited about - at this moment anyway - is Universal's Halloween Horror Nights. It is such a crazy event I can't even begin to describe it. After vacation I'll be sure to have a blog on it. Anyway - all I can really say is it can be terrifying! My first time experiencing it was in 1997 and I was almost in tears.... I loved it!!! The scarier the better!!

This year I also get to go to Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World. Jessica and I will be dressing up and trick or treating with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald .... the whole gang! Jessica has her costume already done. This is where my tough decision lies.

I wanted something simple. No wigs. No tights. No high heels. Something that would work well in the humidity. Something that would be easy to get in and out of rides with. Something comfy that I can wear for over 5 hours (7pm to midnight!!).  I realized I should just be an over-the-top 1980's New Kids on the Block fan. I have leggings. I have authentic early 90's KNOTB shirts. I have enough hair to style. I have a hot pink purse I bought just for the costume. I have a gigantic button with the boys on it. This would allow me to just go comfy in Converse or Keds. I wouldn't have to worry about a wig. I could just wear my skirt, leggings and old pajama top and be set.

And then I went to the Halloween store down the street. Now I just don't know. I could be a pirate wench. A German beer girl. A clown. Snow White. A vampire. Something evil . . . I am drawn to doing something a little dark. But then peppy and obnoxious could be fun - and come naturally to me.

I'm just torn. I have less than 3 weeks to figure this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº