Friday, September 25, 2009

What's the Opposite of a Green Thumb?

Whatever the opposite is ... that's me!

In 2006 when I started my job at the City I found myself at Rite-Aid during a break just staring at a "plant in a box" type of thing. For $4 I could get a pot, dirt, and bulbs to plant. Well why not?!? I had a window right behind me and it seemed simple enough.  So I bought the plant. I believe it was supposed to be a lily of some sort. Eventually it did bloom. It was very tall, big petals. It was nice to look at, but it didn't last long. Now it is 2009 and I still have the plant. But it seems now all I can grow in it is some sort of grass type thing.
The gals at work tell me to just keep watering it and eventually it will grow again. I keep trying. I did get the start of something a few months ago, but it never amounted to anything at all. Darn! They've also suggested me planting it in the ground at home. Eh, tht seems like too much work. Then I really would totally forget about it and never water it. As it is my plant gets water when I am emptying my water bottle before freshening up my drinking supply. So anyway - there's my pathetic little plant. I might just get myself a fake floral arrangement for my desk... that would be pretty hard to kill, right?!?

1 comment:

  1. Without knowing exactly what kind of plant it is - I can't help too much but I can say this: Not all plants are meant to live forever. Many are meant to bloom and die - which is exactly what you made yours do. I wouldn't be to hard on yourself. I say, start over.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº