Thursday, October 8, 2009

OMG OMG OMG

In case you didn't catch that ... omigosh omigosh omigosh!!!

Yeah -um, I'm having an internal excited flip-out session right now!! Only five more mornings to get up for work before I am officially ON VACATION!!! Jessica and I have been busy texting non-stop about our trip. This week its been mostly last minute packing ideas/questions/tips. We've finalized our travel arrangements to get up to the airport, and discussed early morning breakfasts. My official (although still in draft version until the final day) Excel packing list has been printed and is home in my living room. It is so close, I can barely sit still and just work for 5 minutes without visions of a Disney park popping into my head! So in honor of my excitement, I thought I'd share just a small silly story from last year's annual Walt Disney World vacation!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Feeling very much in my element, I was the token single girl faghag on vacation with 3 very different gay boys. Boys - does Mike being in his 40's count as a boy? Whatever . . . we were staying at the Port Orleans French Quarter Resort. Unfortunately on our first morning as a full foursome I woke up very sick. I was miserable. I got out of bed to shower, and went down to the delicious food quart to get a King Creole Platter - if you ever stay there, you MUST get this for breakfast!!  I sat outside listening to peaceful music, soaking up the morning sunshine, and people watching.

Across the path from me sat a group of about 4 people, all around my age. One was quieter and sitting more on his own, slowly smoking his cigarette. It donned on me that he reminded me of Gale Harold - an actor from Queer as Folk and Desperate Housewives.  Mike came out and joined me for breakfast - and I decided to point out to him my new "imaginary vacation boyfriend". This started the debate as to whether or not my "boyfriend" was gay. I said I thought he was just European or something, hence why he seemed so gay. Mike disagreed. I think he just WISHED he was gay. But he was MY fake boyfriend so I wasn't going to share anyway!

A couple days later I was standing alone at a high table in Mexico (Epcot) enjoying my first of many margaritas. I look to the left and sure enough, there was my "boyfriend." I tried to subtly watch to figure out the group and determine if it was another hag with her gays, or if maybe my "boyfriend" was straight after all. They walked by me and I heard him speak ... with his accent he said, "In France we....."  Ha! I knew he was European!! And the girl was American - so this made it an even more intriguing group of people.

Another couple of days later I was walking through Disney's Animal Kingdom when I notice out of the corner of my eye my "boyfriend"! This time he is walking with what appears to be his parents - and no other younger people. Now I was even more interested in figuring all of this out!

Cut to our final day as a foursome. All week long I had been telling my boys about how I kept running into my "boyfriend" and seeing him many times during the breakfast rush. Brian, Greg, Mike and I were all at my same outdoor cafe table as my first sighting ... and there he was. Walking with his parents, dragging a suitcase behind him. His trip was over. He and his family paused, and hugged the Americans saying it was great to have met them and they had fun hanging out. So it seems my French "boyfriend" had just randomly met strangers and hung out --- sounds like something I'd end up doing.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
But none of the above is embarrassing. I sort of skipped that part. Let's back up just a hair.

There I was in my same seat as my first breakfast, with my loyal gays surrounding me. I had just taken a bite of some delicious scrambled eggs when I spotted my "boyfriend". Instead of just saying "Hey, look who it is!" I began to choke on my eggs, turn red, started gasping for air, all while pointing. I'm causing a scene, and my 3 gays are all turning at the same time to face this mystery man.

As if that was enough, I needed a photo and my time was running out. I had a picture of him from the back as he passed by days ago, but I needed a face shot. Oblivious to my surroundings since I was on a mission, I pulled out my big camera, ripped off the lens cap, and started to zoom. I had it - a great zoomed in face shot of my "boyfriend" who's name I'll never know. And why did it look so great? Because he was pretty much smiling! Wait a minute -- I am totally facing him, zoomed in and blatantly taking his photo .... and he is smirking?!?!?! He was on to me. He knew exactly what I was doing and chuckled as he left on his way to the airport.

Sure, I died of embarrassment for a moment, then pretended that I was taking pictures of flowers. Only it was hard to find flowers to fake photograph. But whatever - in the end I got a great photo and we all had quite a laugh!

(Check in this evening for THE photo of my fake boyfriend!)

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS BLOG!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to post the photo of the fake boyfriend. What up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll try to find the photo soon. I had an external hard-drive crashing incident, so my photos aren't all organized and accessible anymore. I think (HOPE!!!) he is on a disc somewhere. If all else fails, thankfully all of last year's WDW photos are on my laptop still. Phew!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº