Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Is This the Real Life? Is This Just Fantasy?

Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality
Open your eyes
Look up to the skies and see......

......See that you missed one heck of an amazing Bohemian Rhapsody performance!

The day was October 25, 2009. The setting was a Walt Disney World resort transportation bus going from Disney's Hollywood Studios to Disney's Pop Century Resort.  Two girls by the name of Jessica and R**** were sadly nearing the end of a fabulous Florida vacation. They had been going non-stop for days, and would soon be waking up to head to the airport and go home. Perhaps the lack of sleep and all the fun culminating to this one point helped them release their inhibitions even more so.

The bus lights dimmed as it started to pull away from Stop #8, and the music began to play. The faint noise of Queen's classic song that our generation learned while watching Wayne's World back in 1992. It is virtually impossible to NOT sing along to Bohemian Rhapsody, so Jessica and R**** didn't fight it. They gave in, and gave the performance of a lifetime - or at least of a vacation.

Not missing a word, not missing a chance for dramatic hand movements or air guitar and headbanging, the little girls from Oregon entertained an entire standing room only bus full of Disney World tourists! As the ride got longer, the song more involved, the girls got louder and louder. I dare say the man next to Jessica even began to sing along near the end! The children across from the girls looked on in horror, while their mother tried to muffle a case of the giggles.

It was Disney magic at its best! Adults forgetting about everything, not worrying about looking stupid, just singing and ending their vacation in a completely amusing, show-stopping way. If you can't lose yourself and have fun in Disney World - even if just on a bus - where can you?



2 comments:

  1. So, you think you can stop me, and spit in my eye? So, you think you can love me, and leave me to die? Oh baby...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am sad I wasn't on the bus to witness it. I admire your spunk! I am certainly not one who could let her inhibitions drop so far ... which is too bad for me. Sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº