Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Progress Report #3

Progress? What's that? Oh yeah, that's the thing that man sings about in Tomorrowland. Come on, let's just all have one round of it together, shall we?
It's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day. It's a great big beautiful tomorrow ... just a dream away!                          .......... Now that's progress!
So back to my progress report on my running. Well, sadly there isn't much to report. I wasn't able to run the week prior to vacation. I was trying to save my body (which was hurting more and more) so I'd be able to walk around Disney World. The next week I was obviously not running while on vacation. And then I came home .... I came home only to get the lovely H1N1 virus and be on my death bed for a week. I wanted to run this week, but I can tell I'm not fully back to normal, and I don't want to risk having this big relapse I keep hearing about.

My first race is three and a half weeks away. I know this one will end up being more of an experience to see what the whole race thing is like, versus an actual race for me. I am sure I won't be able to run the entire thing, but I will certainly give it my best shot!   I really hope that next week I will be able to put on my shoes, pull back my hair, and hit the pavement again!

1 comment:

  1. In the voice of Rob Schneider and with a Cajun accent..."YOU CAN DO IT"!
    You're doing two races, so just do the best you can and then on the second race work on beating your first race time. Consider it a warm-up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº