Wednesday, November 4, 2009

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Its my birthday, Its my birthday, Its not your birthday, Its MY birthday!

Phew - what a pleasant relief from last year's mental breakdown, right??  I had to tease my mommy this morning. She hasn't seen me on my birthday since 2006. In 2007, I hightailed it to Phoenix to celebrate with Mike, Clark, Sara, Jason and Bob. It was a blast! In 2008, she was home sick, and I was at work .... well, to put it mildly, flipping out!

It is now 2009. I am 31 years old. I've passed by that horrible milestone of 30 and am just settling into this strange decade of numbers. My mom is home sick. I've been home sick. I think I make my mother sick! Okay, maybe not.

Nobody in my department has said Happy Birthday to me today other than Kori. I think I must have scared them all enough last year that they are just pretending today is just like any other day. My card was sitting on my desk with everyone's signatures - but there were no messages inside like normal. Just signatures. I'm pretty sure right now they are all terrified of me. Scared of getting the Swine Flu and scared to see a repeat of me sobbing and leaving the building like I did last year. I can't help it, but I am totally amused by this and laughing to myself. I'm scary?!?!? Ha! Awesome!!  I'm like a harmless little Crablike Spiny Orb Weaver (are they harmless? I'm going to google it!), just sitting in my corner looking unique - but not scary.


Let's switch now, to the Crablike Spiny Orb Weaver. Oh good - it doesn't appear to be harmful. They are found in the southern part of the United States, with many in Florida's citrus groves. They have a rather short life cycle - so in that way I am NOT like this little spider. But some are white - like me, with red and black - just like me! (Who would have ever thought I'd compare myself to a spider?? Well, I do have long arms like one.) Anyway .....

It's my birthday! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you had such a hard time with thirty. I don't think anyone likes it - that must be why we throw bigger parties for those decade years. I didn't love it - but for some reason 31 felt more strange. Not just thirty but "IN MY THIRTIES" Gah.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº