Sunday, December 13, 2009

Book of Questions #4

If your friends and acquaintances were willing to bluntly and honestly tell you what they really thought of you, would you want them to?

No. There is someone that kind of already does this ... and it haunts me every day. I wish I could get it out of my head. It does let you see into the mind of other people though. Their opinions aren't always based on fact, but rather assumptions, so then you have to somewhat take it with a grain of salt. But at the same time, it sucks to hear someone giving such harsh criticisms of you when they don't even know the REAL you yet and they hold you up to unattainable expectations. So would I want to hear all of my closest companions tell me what they think? No way. Ignorance can be bliss, right?         ...........but then there are those lovely moments when you hear other people saying exactly what they think of you - only they are naive enough to think you can't hear them. Attention World! R**** has AMAZING hearing! And R**** is also pretty damn good at the silent treatment. I put money down that a certain person will not hear a WORD from me again for years, if ever. I wouldn't say I'm holding a grudge, I've just learned their opinion, and don't see any reason to bother wasting my time being fake nice to a petty gold-digger anymore!  That felt good!

Do you think your friends would agree with one another about the kind of person you are?

Overall, probably yes. But my friends all know me in different ways from different experiences and segments of my life. Some have seen the super happy guest service R****, some know R**** the college party girl, some know R**** the girl in band, some have seen the R**** that had to be strong and deal with a horrible man belittling her at work every day, some have been with me through divorce, some have only known me at random parties, some really know the REAL me. I think the main R**** is always consistently the same. I don't like fake people, so I try my best to just be genuine. I think real friends see that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº