Monday, January 4, 2010

40 about '09

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
I rode a ski lift in the summer and hiked toward the top of Mount Bachelor. I went to Vegas as a legal adult!!

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did keep my same resolution that I've had since the 9th grade - no candy/no chocolate. This year I'll continue that resolution, and add to try to go to Fred Meyer every TWO days instead of every other day!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
A friend gave birth, but we aren't particularly close, although I like her a lot and think she is swell and her baby is freaking adorable!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Michael Jackson.  :(

5. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Better dedication to running. Well, I'd like to NOT have the Swine Flu so that my running isn't interrupted by something so annoying. And a wild night out in the Vegas clubs with dancing, awesome music, tasty drinks, and my best boys!

6. What countries did you visit?
The good ol' USofA - but I did visit many states in the country!

7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:
December 5. It was the day of my first, of what I hope to be many, race. I was so happy I challenged myself to something I never thought I could do - and pleased with the result. All I wanted was to cross the finish line and not be dead last. In the end I beat over 1/3 of the participants!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Definitely the Beaver 5K Fun Run!  Although winning 50 cents on a penny slot machine at the Paris hotel in Las Vegas is right up there!

9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't really like to be negative and think of failures in my life, but I'll try to find something.... I failed to stand up for myself when I listened to a gold-digging bitch trash talking me and my father.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
All of the above! Illness -- H1N1. Poo on you, Swine Flu!  And injuries were minor, but pesky. My ankle and my knee took turns bothering me during my 5K training. Fortunately I figured out part of the cause and resolved it... or so I hope!

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Plane tickets to Vegas and Orlando probably. Of the tangible things, probably my new TV or the old fashion mp3 speakers from the Hard Rock Cafe - they've been super handy in my bathroom over the year.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Lady. I think she was a good little girl last year. She didn't get in as many fights as normal, and she didn't run away exploring the neighbors' yards! My little baby is growing up!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I prefer to not answer, although one was sort of made clear in question #9. I would like to point out that that particular instance did not make me depressed because frankly, you have to care about somebody to let their behavior depress you, and I just don't give an F about her!  There are others though that had behavior I don't look highly upon.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Probably orbitz.com!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My vacations. Two fabulous Vegas vacations, and the BEST vacation ever with Jessica when we went to Orlando!

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Probably Katy Perry's "Waking Up in Vegas"

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier, although there's always room for improvement!
ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner?
iii. richer or poorer? I'd same probably the same.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
More Enchanted Forest, more TV/movie marathon days with my mom, more trips to the ocean.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying. There's been a lot of confusion and questioning of things. I could have done without that.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Um, last time I checked Christmas was a few days ago. But let me look to the future and say I'll be spending Christmas at my mom's house with family members eating, drinking, laughing, sharing stories, playing games, yada yada yada!

21. This question apparently has been skipped. I should fill in the blanks and ask a question, but nothing comes to mind.

22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Every day with my dog and my cat.

23. How many one-night stands?
Ew. None - totally not my style.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Dexter

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is way too strong of a word. There are just a couple people I liked at this time last year that I don't consider myself to be friends with anymore - by my choice thankfully.

26. What was the best book you read?
Did I read a book last year? I started Kathy Griffin's book, and so far I am really enjoying it. I also started Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas but temporarily misplaced the book, so I never finished it.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Adam Lambert? Did I discover him?? Or how about Flo Rida's Right Round. I am totally into that song right now! Album wise, probably Michael Buble's Crazy Love. OH! And I discovered that a black DUDE sang that "We don't have to take our clothes off to have a good time" song. Who knew?!?! I always thought it was a white chick when I heard it on the radio!

28. What did you want and get?
I wanted a Wii, I got a Wii. I wanted someone to hang out with me, I got a boyfriend named Michael!

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Hangover! Without a doubt. Funniest movie I've ever seen in my entire life!!

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 31. I worked. Then Michael and I went to see Paranormal Activity, followed by dinner at Red Robin. I think the key thing here is what did I NOT do ... and I did NOT flip out and cry!

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
It was a pretty darn good year. Weighing 112 pounds, not getting the swine flu and miraculously having a stork drop off my baby at my door step wouldn't have been bad though.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Hot Topic. Black. Red. Pink. Knee-high socks with short skirts.

34. What kept you sane?
Michael Clifford for sure! And Alex Serpa! The fruit fly needs her gays!! And Brian, too. He always comes through for me when I need him!

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Gerard Butler. And Mark Harmon.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Politics? I don't do politics. I'd say it was work politics that got me the most heated. Fortunately just as a spectator and not someone directly involved!

37. Whom did you miss?
I missed getting to see a bunch of friends in Florida. The time went by so fast, I just didn't get a chance to track everybody down. Overall I really missed Mike. I haven't seen him in over a year and that's just too darn long!  :(

38. Who was the best new person you met?
I'd say my date with Daniel HoneyCutt was pretty darn rad. But since he has his own boyfriend and I am just his honorary girlfriend, the Best New Person award goes to Michael. We have had a fantastic 9 months together.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
People change, not always for the better. Its best to just cut your losses and move on rather than dwell and stay in negative situations. There will always be the positive memories, so just remember those and smile! 

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
A little less conversation, a little more action please
All this aggravation aint satisfactioning me
A little more bite and a little less bark
A little less fight and a little more spark
Close your mouth and open up your heart and baby satisfy me
Satisfy me baby 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº