Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Brush With Fame

My mom likes to tell people of my afternoon Demi Moore meeting. She tells of Demi - but MY real story is more about Bruce! People have quite often asked me about different celebrities I have seen or met in my life - mostly in Florida. So here is a small glimpse of different encounters I've had!

  • Bruce & Demi - him=HOT!! her=huge boobs, bad skin, with the kids but not Ashton
  • Hulk Hogan - surprisingly small, hairless calves
  • Ed McMahon - old man with young wife and small child; always regretted not bursting out into song and dance in that Sun Valley ski shop! :-)
  • Katey Sagal (Married with Children) - very cool, nice, normal mom!
  • Sinbad (comedian) - he's huge!!
  • James Avery (aka Uncle Phil from Fresh Prince) - really nice, laid back, good sense of humor
  • President Jimmy Carter - surreal experience to be hanging out with Secret Service just chatting!
  • Sean Astin (GOONIES!!!) - we had a moment! I swear to you we did!!!
  • Kurt Browning (figure skater) - we totally had a major eye-contact moment for sure! I have the NBC video footage to prove it!
  • Buck Williams (NBA star) - I'm sure he was totally impressed by me when he signed my poster. I didn't wash my hand for the rest of the day.
  • Jerome Kersey (NBA star) - I'm sure he was totally impressed by my cousin and I completely stalking his table at TGIFridays when we were in grade school. I couldn't help it - my bladder felt weak, I had to keep peeing and peeing and peeing.
  • Terry Porter (NBA star) - I'm sure he was totally impressed by me standing in my swimsuit and towel watching him on the putting green that one summer back in the 80's!
  • Ronde Barber (NFL star) - holy cow - that man is solid muscle!!!
  • Lindsay Lohan (derranged actress) - what a BITCH! Seriously. Even in 2001 when she was a scrawny little kid she was a full blown bitch!
  • Mae Whitman (that little girl from Hope Floats and One Fine Day) - she's right up there with Lindsay Lohan, except nobody knows her name; didn't even know she was supposedly famous; we got into it a bit; total brat.
  • Harrison Schmitt (Apollo astronaut - last moon mission) - total inspiration to a little 6th grade girl with visions of going in space
  • Michael Fishman (DJ from Roseanne) - stood in line side by side for Big Thunder Mountain in Disneyland. Seemed pretty normal.
  • Jon Secada (has-been singer) - full of himself.
  • Kenny Loggins - super skinny. He was totally checking my mom and I out.
  • Samantha Brown (Travel Channel host) - I completely adore her. She was so freaking cool! My favorite celebrity encounter ever. She asked me to call her Sam!  :-)
  • Joe Rohde (Disney Imagineer) - Inspiring and so full of spirit.
  • Roy E. Disney (Walt's nephew) - well, he's a freaking Disney! I was just in awe to be able to see him!!
That's enough for now, right? I have an entire little notebook full of names of celebrities I've seen and/or met. Its always exciting to see them and talk to them, but even more exciting when they turn out to be just normal people like us!   ..... and then there are the Lindsay Lohan/Mae Whitmans of the group that you wish would just go away! ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº