Monday, January 25, 2010

Milestone #6 - Kicking My Own Ass!

I am freaking amazing, if I do say so myself! I have surpassed my own expectations!

For the first time in my 31 years, 2 months and 21 days of life I ran for 20 minutes straight without stopping! I honestly did not think it was possible, but once my 20 minutes was up, I actually considered going longer. I zigged and zagged all over two different neighborhoods with a couple pretty gnarly hills thrown in the mix. And I never once stopped or even considered it! I was in the zone!

I had it timed so that once those 20 minutes were up a certain song would play and cue me to walk. What bliss it was to slow my pace, have a mini celebration with myself, take off my hat, and feel the sprinkles of rain cool me off all to the beautiful music of Claire de Lune.

It was a spectacular run that gave me so much motivation to just keep running! If I can do 20 minutes now, well, this was my biggest hurdle. It will still be hard, but I almost feel like its all downhill from here!

Royal Family 5K ... Here I Come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº