Tuesday, February 9, 2010

AI 2010 - Hollywood - First Round

Ellen!!! I'm happy now!

If I were going to be the next American Idol, I think Hollywood week would be the hardest. I wonder who I'd be more star struck by, Ellen or Simon? As any reader of mine should know, I adore Simon. However, Ellen is Ellen. She learned about fossil fuels with Bill Nye the Science Guy, she came out before it was a more common thing to do, and she has the funniest stand up ever!* So it looks like Ellen wins this first battle!
*Seriously, I have 2 DVDs of hers and every time I watch them I laugh just as hard as I did the first time I saw them. I mean laughter so hard I gasp for air, snort, cry and to push my chubby cheeks down so I can even see.

Skiiboski won't be missed.

My tummy is nervous just imagining being in the position these people are in.  I can't even find courage to do sober karaoke; there's no way I'd be able to do Hollywood week .... without a flask!

Can we all agree that Andrew made Paula Abdul's Straight Up sound better than the original version?

I am so glad the southern blond girl with the horrible teeth sucked because I didn't really want to watch her every week.

As we watch this crying montage I wonder how much looks play into their decisions.  I hold firm to my belief that at Disney they keep the pretty people in the interactive, high guest contact places and the fugly people backstage or in less desirable roles.  Don't believe me? Check out my old photos from my years there.  You'll see all the pretty girls in red saloon dresses - not in kitchen attire. And you can't say that the Kali crew wasn't a cute gang o' kids!  Sure, we had "Stache," aka the Yeti, and her bright pink socks at our ride, but I guess a few hairy women get through now and then. ANYWAY, as viewers we want nice voices with nice faces. Judges and producers know that, and I trust they aren't ignoring it during Hollywood week.

That big guy in the blue totally talks like Luca Brasi in the Godfather.  "I come to you on the day of your daughter's wedding" ..... and ask for a second try. ?? Give it up, dude!

Okay, no way would I audition with an instrument. Can't you just see me singing and playing my flute?? Ha - okay, how about singing with an accordion or piano? No way - I wouldn't risk it. Its about singing more than instruments; I'd focus on the main task at hand.

Is it too cocky to proclaim already that your family's lives are going to change forever .... just because you didn't get cut after the first day in Hollywood? A little presumptuous?

"Don't forget the words" ... kiss of death!

The new big daddy - I like him singing John Mayer better than hearing John Mayer do it!

What the hell song did Down Syndrome sister sing? It sounded like a horrid, boring church dirge.

Tattooed single mom, with her yellow teeth, missing teeth, and a few extra pounds ... will she be the one normal looking, average person to crack the top 12? She sang way better than I expected her too. Her kid was a little funny looking. Just sayin'!

Oh hey!! That kid with the hair at the end that got bleeped - remember him?? His complexion has cleared since we saw him last! Maybe he read my blog and bought Proactiv!


I'm exited for tomorrow and the vicious group round! That is ALWAYS drama filled and I love it!!

1 comment:

  1. I think the hardest part of IDOL is when they make them group up. Being responsible for yourself is one thing... but then you have other people you've got to be responsible for... plus they could be total douche-bags... and you're screwed! I just don't think it's very fair.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº