Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Cravings

We were driving home from a long weekend at our family's coastal cabin at the lake. My mom and I were having a fun little ride in our relatively new car, eager to get home and shower in HOT water (versus bathing in a lake)!  Only a few minutes into our drive, we were just leaving Reedsport when the following conversation took place.

You know, I'm kind of hungry.
Me too. We will have to get something when we get home.
We should get pizza!
Round Table pizza - I'm suddenly craving it.
Yeah, I'm craving it so much, I feel like I can almost smell it!
Me too, weird!

At this point I turned to look in the back seat. Isabella Bijou, our three pound Maltese  princess was regurgitating our weekend food all over the back seat! Baked beans, potato salad, sloppy joe mix - typical camping food - had been set out for our two big dogs to eat while loading up our things into the boat to head home. Little did we know that Izzy was helping out, too!

From Reedsport to Roseburg I held my little girl in my lap. Armed with a roll paper towels, I was constantly cleaning up and trying to catch it before it was all over my lap and the new car.  Close to two hours later when we finally made it home .... well, let's just say a hose was taken to me, my clothes and my snazzy Blazers Starter jacket.

And that pizza craving?  Gone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº