Thursday, May 20, 2010

Progress Report #8

I guess this is the opposite of a Progress Report. More of a status update with what's going on in my running life.

I'm hurt. Put me on the injured list. 

I'm NOT happy about it at all.

May 4th is the date I can point at as to when this began. It is my left hip. It is so stiff. Today I couldn't even lift my left leg up to put my shoe on. It will move - if I use my hands and lift my leg myself. 

Today I'm periodically sitting on ice and have taken some drugs to help ease the pain.  Only 20 minutes of running last night, after a week long break, and now I'm worse than ever. I'm going to take it easy - and if it doesn't improve I'll have to give in and go to the doctor.

All of this going on .... and I have my first ever 10K in just NINE days!

I'm a trooper. I will feel better and I will run that race. I just might collapse when it is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº