Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Vegas: A Food Review by a Girl Who Doesn't Like Food

I thought I'd break up blogs on vacation into smaller "reviews". The first one, and this is because I am currently STARVING, is food!

Pizza. That's what I ate. Every single day I had at least one slice of pizza. And I LOVED it!! I want more! Now, now now!!!

Let's just break it down day by day.

FRIDAY:  I started with a yummy grilled cheese sandwich and VERY delicious fries at the bar in the Medford airport. I had over an hour to kill just while waiting to be able to check in. The setting was very roomy and service was fast. I was a happy camper!  Upon getting to Vegas, I was obviously not hungry... just had an insatiable thirst for something. Something slushy with rum! So my "dinner" was a ginormous pina colada. Delicious!  I watched the boys eat dinner at the buffet inside Excalibur. I wasn't really in the mood to pay $30 for something where I knew I wasn't going to find much to eat - and I wasn't that hungry anyway. Fast forward to after midnight. We returned from the bar and I knew I had to eat something - or possibly face the consequences the next morning. I knew exactly what I wanted .... pizza from NYNY. I get it every time. It was so warm and hit the spot. The service was extra speedy too!



SATURDAY:  We started off with a nice breakfast at the Luxor. It is sad that I thought $20 for French toast, Pepsi, hash browns and a tip was reasonable. There was an ample amount - I even shared my French toast - and anybody that knows me knows that I do not share food. Ah - the joys of being the girl with body image/food issues!  Later in the day - after downing a few daiquiris, we had .... pizza!! More NYNY pizza - this time complete with jello shots that were lacking in alcohol. Pretty much we had yummy pizza with jello for dessert. The boys didn't enjoy their pizza as much - but they are total food snobs. Yes, that's what I said. You guys are food snobs!!!  :-)   Oh wait, we ate again!  After the club we found ourselves at MGM Grand for a late night snack. We found a cafe and thought that seemed like a good choice.... until we saw the prices. $17.50 for fish and chips? $16.95 for a BLT?  No thanks! We found a "food court" area - I had .... pizza! The boys had Nathan's hotdogs. This reminds me! Somewhere else in this day I got delicious Nathan's French fries. OMG how much I love those!! I was eating them in the room when I started choking and a fry nugget flew across the room. (I exaggerated only slightly with the flying part.)

SUNDAY:  Sunday was a winner!! Breakfast - a toasted bagel and cream cheese in a NYNY bakery area. My first time ever having cream cheese on a bagel!  After pounding a wildberry colada at Margaritaville I discovered THE Ultimate Souvenir Glass ... the Blender!! $32 later I had the biggest margarita I have ever had. And it was good! BUT this, combined with the heat, resulted in a dash for food. I found some yummy pizza at the Paris hotel. This was a thin triangle slice, as opposed to the very thick, square slices at NYNY. It did its job. Not anything fancy with regard to taste, but I needed greasy food and water ASAP, and it fit the bill!  But now let's get to the GOOD stuff. I use "good" loosely here.  This gets its own paragraph.

The cheap buffet at Circus Circus.  You know what? No. This gets its own blog!  Stay tuned!!!

MONDAY:   I was a bad, bad girl. I had a Cinnabon. And I enjoyed every sinful moment of it!  



And now I am home, having not eaten anything "real" yesterday - and I am starving!!! Can someone ship me some of that NYNY pizza???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº