Friday, May 21, 2010

Vegas: There's Booze in the Blender.....


.... and soon it will render that frozen concoction that helps me hang on (and on and on and on!)  For the most part this sums up one of my Vegas highlights. I came close to nearly being wasted away again in Margaritaville!

Shall we back up to Friday? Okay!

Friday night was all about the party - hm, the whole weekend was about the party!  First off was a gigantic pina colada from the Big Chill inside our hotel (New York New York). It was pretty darn tasty - and admit I felt the effects of it pretty quick!   

After dinner we were ready to get dressed and head to FreeZone for a night o' fun! Upon arriving, I  had my first of 3(?) Long Island Iced Teas. Mm, mm, good - yet kind of weak. I was shocked by the lack of alcohol in it - especially for a Long Island. But I think the scary butch bartender didn't like me, so maybe I was just being punished for being too girly. Whatevs!  I also bought a Sex on the Beach shot. Seriously - was there a single drop of alcohol? I don't think so!! 


Saturday morning I woke up feeling great! Woo hoo to no hangovers in Las Vegas!!  We hit the Titanic Exhibition (obviously!) and then continued toward the Mandalay Bay. What was that I spied upon entering?? Why it was Fat Tuesday of course!  This time I went for my traditional Vegas drink - the strawberry daiquiri - with the extra shot for only one dollar. Oh how delicious that extra shot was, too! I wandered all over with a bright red tongue that day - and loved it!

One Saturday beverage wasn't enough! When we made our way back to NYNY to relax at the pool we made a quick pit stop back at the Big Chill. This time another  strawberry daiquiri AND a round of jello shots. Sadly the shots were NOTHING to brag about. It was pretty much just jello. When I make a jello shot - you know it is a shot!!  But the daiquiri was nice, and the perfect drink for sipping poolside!  The evening found us back at FreeZone for more dragalicious fun! This night I opted for Sex on the Beach -- about 3 or 4 times! It was yummy, but again - totally WEAK!!

Then comes Sunday. Oh Sunday. Where did the time go? Oh that's right .... it went in a blender!  Our first drink stop was at Caesar's Palace. The lame ass bartenders helped Mike and Clark with two drinks that I hear were quite tasty and refreshing. Did they help a sista out?? Nope! I was denied. They both just walked away and left me hanging. So I figured something better was waiting for me elsewhere, and we continued on our way down The Strip.  Fast forward to The Flamingo Hilton and Margaritaville!!! I was a girl in Parrothead Heaven!  First up (as I like to have multiple drinks, and always try a new frozen concoction!) was a Wildberry Colada. It was pure divinity!! Totally worth the wait!!  Pina colada with wild berry - oh so smooth. Oh so tasty!!   Have I had enough exclamation points yet?? Here are a couple more. !!!!!!   I was browsing through the gift shop to find THE souvenir of my trip, when I spotted it. It was a blender. It had margarita in it. It had a handle. I looked at the woman standing by me, and in total awe asked here where she found that beautiful piece of tequila filled mastery.  She pointed back at the bar I was just at - - - and I was on my way! Bye bye, colada, down the hatch! Next stop - the REAL Margaritaville!! $32 later I was carrying around about 40 ounces of a blended margarita. It got pretty heavy and took me hours to drink, but my oh my was it worth it!  Let's have a photo of it now, shall we??



And this concludes my drinking in Fabulous Las Vegas!  I figured after that refreshing margarita nothing could top it - so why even try?

Cheers .... and Fins Up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº