Tuesday, June 22, 2010

15 Minute Babble: Busy, Busy, Busy

  • Sara should be coming to town super soon, if my calculations are correct. Yay!
  • I'm taking my little Lady Bug to the coast on Sunday. We haven't been there together in a while, so it is time. She's going to have so much fun.

    • We will be making a stop at the Sunset Memorial Park to find the graves of my great-grandparents and Steve Prefontaine. I suppose that may seem morbid, but I really do enjoy a peaceful, pretty cemetery. You can learn so much history just by browsing through.

  • My head is totally back in the running game. My body is finally cooperating, so tonight I'm excited to go out and run at least a 5K in prep for the 10K on the 4th of July.
  • The Abby's Golf Tournament last weekend was .... boring. Not to the fault of the Country Club or the sponsors. It was just cold. The usual party atmosphere was not there at all. And the margaritas were disgusting. I didn't even bother to try to drink them.
  • My dog is trying out life as a bulimic. It almost makes me one, too. Nothing like cleaning up after her at 11 o'clock at night when I should be sleeping!
  • Our hotel room for the annual WDW pilgrimage has been booked!

    • Next up - we buy our tickets for the Halloween party at the Magic Kingdom!

  • Perhaps due to my blog about hating food, yesterday I had a super weak moment. I mean BEYOND weak. I was so hungry, I needed gas in my car, I had to do some shopping ... I found myself having dinner in my car at Pete's Drive-In. It was so good. I think I clogged some arteries, but it was soooo good!
  • I really can't wait to be at the beach. I hope it is nice weather. I want to take my shoes off and feel the sand between my toes!
  • I love running with my Garmin. I'm still figuring it out, but so far I have the basics down - and it is so cool!
  • The rest of the summer is going to be busy. Races, weddings, parties, projects, more races, more weddings. Lots of travel.
  • I'd like to say that will stop after this Summer ends - but it won't. I don't see any resting until AFTER my 1/2 marathon next February. But then I'll just start filling my schedule again. Good thing I like to be busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº