Thursday, June 10, 2010

Good Job, Grandma!

The year was .... a long, long time ago .... in a nursing home .... not too far away.


The phone rings. My grandma is told there is a serious situation and that she must come down to the nursing home immediately. My mom and Grandpa join her. Let's just pretend I was there, too - 'cause I probably was. I mean if I wasn't, what the heck did they do with me??

So "we" (see - I'm totally there!) hop in the car and drive to see what was happening with my great-grandma. Can we pause here to discuss family names? Thank goodness I was named after Grandpa!  My grandma's name was Eunice. Her mom's name was Mildred. Yeah - I got lucky!!

Okay, so we arrive and what was the crisis?
We found Mildred's teeth .... in the men's ward!!

Obviously the uptight nurse found this to be a problem. But what was Grandma's response to the obvious popular nature of her mother?
Well at least she was nice enough to take her teeth out first!

 I love my family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº