Monday, June 28, 2010

Progress Report #10

The 4th of July is rapidly approaching, as is my next 10K race. Today I am mentally ready for it. I'm feeling like I'm back to my old self with the strong desire to run, no matter the weather conditions. My body is feeling the healthiest it has in almost 2 months. And overall I think my pace and form are improving - at least I hope so!

Yesterday I made a special visit to the Sunset Memorial Park cemetery to visit Steve Prefontaine. It was a weird feeling that I can't explain. Surreal to be sitting on the ground right next to a legend. Humbling. Sad. Inspiring. 

And once again, I have had a whim. I think it is a good one. I don't really see anything acting as a hindrance to it. What's this crazy whim you wonder? (Okay, maybe you don't wonder because you know I'm going to type it up next. I'm so predictable.) .... The Coast to Coast Challenge medal. I want it. In one calendar year I have to run a 1/2 or full marathon in Walt Disney World and then the Disneyland 1/2 marathon in California. Well, I'm already signing up for the Princess 1/2 in February 2011. The Disneyland 1/2 is in September 2011.  I can skip my annual WDW pilgrimage and switch it to a long weekend down in Southern California, run the 1/2, and get my medal!   I think it is brilliant!  Plus I haven't visited Disneyland since my college graduation present to myself back in 2000. I'm long over-due!

AND Sara and Jason seem to be on board with meeting up for the Vegas Rock'n'Roll 1/2 in December 2011. Sweet!! 2011 will be THE year for my running career... at least until 2012 gets here and become the next "year" for me!

GO TEAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº