Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Progress Report #11

I got up this morning an hour early so I could sufficiently wake up my mind and body and head out on a short 2 mile run. It felt Great!! I think I will try to make a habit of waking up early for my shorter runs - leaving my long runs for the weekend as usual.

Also, today I began a 12-week 10K training program through the Nike Plus running website. I've already done that trail race 10K, and I have one on Sunday, but I feel like I want to be extra prepared and confident going into the Prefontaine Memorial 10K in September. This new program will have me finishing just in time for the big race. I staked out the course... and "challenging" is an understatement. But I will not give up. I will just train that much harder and master hills. I am sure I won't be a winner or anywhere in the top half of finishers, but that doesn't matter. Just to cross the finish line is going to be a huge accomplishment!

Only one more run lined up for Friday - 3 miles - and then it is rest time for me until Sunday morning and the Butte to Butte 10K. I know this starts with a killer up hill 1 mile stretch, and then a big downhill segment before switching to just a flat, fast road. I'm not even nervous about this one anymore now that I know Prefontaine's race will be worse!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº