Friday, June 11, 2010

Progress Report #9

My Garmin is here!! I am so excited! Tonight I will be taking it out for a 1 mile test run just to verify that I can use it properly before tomorrow's race.

That's right, the Great Urban Race is FINALLY here!! I laid out our costumes for tomorrow and I really do think we're going to look pretty darn cute! The butterflies kicked in today at lunch. I'm hoping when I do my run tonight they will calm a little bit.

Progress wise, I am doing so much better. My hip is 95% healed I think. I have stiffness still if I don't move around enough. But I am limp free! I've done two runs this week and had no problems whatsoever with pain. Feels good to have survived my first injury and now be back on my regular training schedule!

Something new to me is the heat. I've yet to have to run in heat. I'm already noticing a change and find myself completely gross and sweaty by the end of my runs. I hate it -- yet at the same time I love it!!

So that's what's up with my running. My copy of Prefontaine arrived this week. I immediately threw it in the Blu-Ray player and was completely absorbed in it. I'm going to put it in tonight while I finish packing for tomorrow.

Okay - enough babble. Go team!! Tomorrow be sure to root for "Leave It To The Beavers"!!

1 comment:

  1. Regarding the heat... Toby and I completely resist tight clothing because that's just not us at all. Recently he gave in and bought a tight-fitting sleeveless bike jersey to go with his impossibly tight bike shorts. He says it wicks moisture like nobody's business and he's in love. The funny part is that the first time he went for a ride in his "get-up" his bike got a flat way out the in the desert. He was just thinking he was going to have to walk into this rough bar on the edge of town called "The Dead Dog Saloon" in this ridiculous outfit when a nice guy stopped and gave him a ride. So - tight technical shirts are great for the heat...as long as they don't put you in a vulnerable situation.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº