Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Milestone #8 - I am REGISTERED!!

I fully admit it ... I am addicted to looking for races and registering. I love that first bit of excitement and anticipation about what it may be that will make that race something special.

Today I signed up for what maybe the most monumental race of my running career!  I am now registered not only to walk the Royal Family 5K in Walt Disney World with my mom, but I am now registered for my very first half marathon - Disney's Princess 1/2 Marathon!

That's right!! Next February I will be joining thousands of women and running 13.1 miles through Walt Disney World at the early hour of 6 in them morning. I am so excited! This can only help me keep my momentum going and help me maintain focus as I start more specific training while prepping for this very "magical" experience. 

I would have never in my life believed I'd sign up for even a 5K race let alone a half marathon. That seals the deal ..... I AM A RUNNER!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, that is so cool that we are both running 10ks on the same day! And we are both doing the Disney princess 1/2!!! Ahh how exciting.
    Can't wait to follow your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº