Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Progress Report #12

I'm getting kind of jittery again. As if the sudden heat wave wasn't enough to put a damper on my running, I seem to have hurt my back. I either tweaked it while a) mowing the lawn, b) running in 80º+ temperatures, or c) floating in the pool. Sadly, I really think I did something while trying to execute a flipping over on to my stomach maneuver while in the pool. Dang it!  So I haven't been able to turn my body really or do much moving. It is starting to feel better though. 

I missed my long run for last week because of this, and I am not feeling good about it. My whole focus right now is doing my best at the Prefontaine Memorial run - and missing my long runs is NOT part of my training program. I have, however, made some progress with regard to this run. I am officially registered and have booked a hotel room for the night before. Seems that rooms in Coos Bay are already filling up pretty fast. But I did get one for less than $100 - it has a pool, free wi-fi, is close to downtown, and has many food options for carb loading!  I'm really looking forward to this trip. It is always fun to stay alone in a hotel room! Plus I'll make a trip back to Sunset Memorial Park to visit Pre and Grandma Murphy (who is actually my great-grandma). Also, after the race, I'm going to visit the Coos Art Museum and their Prefontaine Gallery.

With regard to this week's running, I am really hoping my back gets back to normal so I can resume. I'm schedule for runs on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday - which I suspect will HAVE to be morning runs before the temperature skyrockets.

And that's all for now, folks!

WAIT!  Two nights ago I signed my mom up for the Royal Family 5K in Walt Disney World next February! She agreed months ago and there was no way I was letting her off the hook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº