Thursday, July 15, 2010

Saving Cinderella

If there is anything that Disney cartoons have told me it is that Good always triumphs over Evil. Jafar didn't win, Aladdin did. Sure Ursula was beautiful, but only for a short while. In the end, Ariel got the man. The Wart didn't stay a young boy helping around the castle... he pulled the Sword from the Stone and became King. Snow White was beautiful and fair, and although the (I think very pretty) evil queen almost won, in the end Snow White prevailed.
Is it the same in real life?

Right now I'm watching my own sort of fairy tale with a beautiful young maiden and an evil, jealous woman out to get the person that Disney movies tell me will win. It sucks to watch in real life. A cartoon is so much more colorful, it has catchy songs, there are cute animals with personality that like to sit on your finger while you sing and whistle with them.  Real life is filled with hate, drama, backstabbing, malicious plots, lies .... you name it, I see it.  However real life is also filled with loyalty, honesty, hard work, beauty, determination, friendship.... you name it, I see it.

Seeing these two things clash in real life actually gives me a gut ache. Not the dramatic "I fell on the floor laughing" - but you didn't actually fall on the floor laughing - type of thing. I mean I truly physically have a gut ache. It hurts. I want to vomit a little. I just feel uneasy.

It has been a struggle going on for years. Ups and downs. A roller coaster, if you will, but all the while it is the evil step-sister trying to sabotage Cinderella. I guess in this story I would be the Fairy Godmother. Overseeing everything, and working my magic to help Cinderella. But this is a very powerful evil step-sister that is trying to control any and everything. Hell she is trying to control Walt Disney and is telling him that he is not actually the mastermind behind Disney classic movies and parks. She is trying to convince him that it was all her idea and that SHE is and always will be in charge.

Except she's not. We all know it. She won't accept it.

I just sit here antsy and waiting for that fairy tale ending where our sweet heroine comes out on top.  To give a frame of reference, the part of the story we are currently in would be the big fight between Malificent and Prince Eric. The darkest part of the movie with night, fire, dragons, swords, etc. We've gone through the calm eye of the hurricane and are now experiencing the worst effects of the storm. Pretty soon the sun will come out.

The sun will come out ... tomorrow???  Oh I wish it would be as soon as tomorrow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº