Tuesday, September 7, 2010

100 Days - Week 2 Recap

Week 2 was an even bigger success than week 1!
For starters - I only had a small order of French fries ONE time! Woohoo!

I got in 4 runs, which is 1 more than the weekly goal. My mileage was a tad bit less, but I still put out a good effort and didn't shy away from the hills.  OH - and I didn't make any weight loss goals, but I ended up losing about a pound and a half after about a week and a half. Yippee!!  (I probably gained that all back at the State Fair - but that will be another blog!)

Saturday I took a nice 2 mile run through the country out at the North Umpqua River before the Oregon State season opening game.

I even went out in my bright orange just to show my school spirit. Didn't help them win, but they sure did a good job! Gotta love my Beavers! And thank goodness for the sprinklers at my mom's house. I either put out more effort or it was warmer out that I thought, because I was a hot, sweaty mess by the time I got back to her house. As fast as I could rip off the iPod and Garmin I was outside standing in front of the sprinklers!


Sunday morning I decided to get in another run before heading up to Portland. This time I went through different neighborhoods and by the South Umpqua River. (The South has NOTHING on the North - beauty wise!) --Check out my new SkirtChaser visor! That sucker has come in handy. I love not having to wipe sweat off of my face and the extra blocking of sunlight!


To end the 2nd week, I hit the Fit Right NW store in Portland to use my 10% off coupon and $15 gift certificate from last month's SkirtChaser 5K. There were so many things to choose from. I loved this one bag, but realized I have way too many, so I had to pass. It was too hot in the store for me to even considering looking at things I had to try on. I wanted to look at sports bras, but again - so many to pick from was overwhelming for me. Compression socks were $60 for a single pair. If I'm going to spend $60 it is NOT going to be on socks. So in the end I got yet another cute running skirt. You can never have too many!


10 comments:

  1. I'm ready for the state fair post! Did you have corn dogs & funnel cakes?!

    I finally got the award you gave all posted up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - what DIDN'T we eat is the question!! I hope to post pictures later tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on a great week! I love your dimples! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like an awesome week! Although, I'd like to hear more about this state fair business so I can live vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You rock! Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job this week! I think it is funny that your college team is named after a Beaver....my college team is the Gophers:) Cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great week - keep it up! Looks like the weather was on your side you lucky thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What was the bag like? I love bags@

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the visor! :)

    And I love to run, just wish I WOULD again!! awww

    p.s. I think you look a lot like Cameron Diaz, the actress on Spider-Man. Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº