Thursday, September 9, 2010

15 Minute Babble: Florida, Football, Food & Princesses!

Apparently my 15 minutes worth of babbling today will be about Florida, football and food. At least I have one concrete topic, right? (I've just decided to add Princesses. Because we are cool.)
  • Last night I booked round-trip airline tickets to Orlando for my mom and I. It is really REALLY real now! I can't back out. Registration has been paid for the Royal Family 5K and the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon (okay, so I did that in July!), a room has been booked at Disney's Port Orleans Riverside resort, and now the plane tickets are booked. Looks like I really WILL be a half-marathoner after all. YAY!!
  • In less than 2 months time, my final (for now) Fall pilgrimage to Orlando will be over. This is good and bad. Good because I'll be with my Florida friends in less than 2 months, but bad because eventually that vacation will end.
  • Next weekend I will miss the Oregon State home opener football game. Shucks. But in exchange for that I'll be FINALLY running in the Prefontaine Memorial 10K over on the Oregon Coast. I've been looking forward to this one for most of 2010 so it is hard to believe it is finally here.
  • On a 100 Day Challenge related note, without weight loss being a goal, I've lost 1.5 pounds! Can't complain - and I guess I wouldn't cry if that number continues to get higher!
  • We had a crazy, upset, mentally off man come in to my work today. He was all over the place. Screaming so much he was almost crying, and then switching to raging mad. Apparently earlier on the phone with someone he threatened to come in here and shoot himself in front of all of us. Perhaps that person could have given us a heads up? Nah - that would be too considerate and logical.
  • Yesterday I was a one woman show. People were in meetings, on vacation, at a funeral, at a doctor's appointment, or just gone for the rest of the day. That left ME! Somehow I literally did the job of 4 people all at the same time. I'm pretty much awesome!  ;-)
  • I never wrote about food! What the heck was I going to say??
And last ..... out of curiosity --- 


HOW MANY OF YOU ARE PLANNING TO BE DISNEY HALF-MARATHON PRINCESSES?? 
  ºoº

11 comments:

  1. I'm hoping to do the one in February...or is it January? Whatever, I'm hoping to do it but I am going to see how the Army Ten Miler goes before I commit to anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Princess is the very end of February and the regular WDW Marathon weekend is in January!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Already booked to be a Disney Princess! Bringing my whole family, but I'm the only one running.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! My mom and I are going together and she agreed to walk the 5K with me. It will be her first ever time participating in a race and not just being my pack mule!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One day! Yes...one day! For now I'm concentrating on doing my first 5k, lol. Sounds like you had a fantastic week. Keep at it! It must be exciting to have your mom on the journey with you.
    Rae
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, that is super scary about that guy coming into your work.

    Yay for 1.5 down!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow... im jealous!! I want to run at disney at some point in my life... but right now I have to wait til i have the funds :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so jealous! i wanted to do that race so much:) it will be fun to follow your progress!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never done a marathon but would love to participate one day. Work it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My sister and I will be there! I already have my costume (Snow White!) - we have air and car booked, but we don't know where we are staying yet :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Becka - Snow White sounds so cute!! I would like to suggest that you NOT stay at an All-Star hotel. We did that last year and regretted it immediately!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº