Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Is There A Garbage Can?

If you are a newish reader, here's a tad bit o' background.
I was born being a Disney fan. I loved Disneyland more than life itself. I wanted to be there all the time. I wanted to work there. I wanted to dance. I wanted to operate a ride. I couldn't get enough.
In 1997, I spent Fall term of my sophomore year of college doing an internship in Walt Disney World. My very first time in Florida, and I was finally working for the mouse. He's officially "in my blood now", and also the ultimate Hidden Mickey, since he has a permanent spot on my body. In 2001 I went back. A college graduate that still wanted to be with Mickey. For 2 years I worked in Asia Attractions as a trainer in Disney's Animal Kingdom, and then spent a year in the Animal Kingdom labor office paying cast members.  In 2004 I hung up my ears and came back to Oregon to start a grown up life. And here I am!
******

Summer 2002. Best. Summer. Ever. !!  Everybody at Kali River Rapids got along. We spent holidays together, had frequent potlucks and game nights, went to the parks together, never missed a Tuesday night at Jellyrolls. It was awesome! Not only did we have fun playing together, we really were an awesome team at work.  Something happened that summer that I think none of us will ever forget. 

We got a call from our managers to cycle out the ride. It was rare to cycle out all of the guests, unless there was a storm upon us or technical difficulty. In my career only two times did we cycle out just to load VIP guests. The first time was for President Jimmy Carter in 2001. This was the second time. 

The line was now empty, as far as the load area goes. Down comes a Cast Member in the plaid vest. I always knew to pay attention when I saw the plaid vest! Who should be following but Demi Moore and Bruce freaking Willis!!  We had been taught to just be normal. Treat them as we'd treat any other guests. Right. Um, hello?? Did the rule makers realize how hard it would be to just "be cool" in the presence of Bruce freaking Willis??

Bruce & Demi were taking their kids to Disney World as part of a birthday celebration for one of their daughters. So we had the whole clan, minus Ashton. The family was piling into their raft when suddenly Bruce freaking Willis turned around and walked right toward me and my friend. Oh. My. Gosh. As Rachel Zoe would say, I die. He had a soft drink cup (with lid and straw???? In Animal Kingdom??) in his hand. "Hey, do you have a garbage can around here?" he said to us. Not missing a beat, and trying to look cute while propped up against the garbage can that I KNEW was infested with cockroaches, I said, "Sure! Right here!". I proceeded to stick my hand in and open the lid for him to toss his cup. I almost died. It took all I had to keep the drool in my mouth.

What's worse is my friend Mike coming up after and grabbing the straw to save as his Bruce Willis souvenir!

They ended up riding 2 or 3 times in a row before we had to get them off when a storm was rolling in. We all just stood around with them laughing and watching them get situated to leave. The boys were drooling over Demi. Kevin, Sarah and I stood together, holding each other up, with our jaws completely dropped.

Overall review:  very cool people. They weren't into themselves. Just like regular people having fun. Except exceptionally attractive people. Demi has ginormous boobs! The guys couldn't stop staring. She had just stepped off of a water ride wearing short shorts, a white tank top layered with a pastel pink tank top --- and no bra. Memorable. Her skin complexion was shockingly not good!  And then there's my buddy Bruce. Yeah, that's what I call him. My buddy Bruce. He is even hotter in person. Amazing build. Not too big, but definitely not too small. HOT HOT HOT!!!



And that's my story of how Bruce Willis and I became BFFs!!
And this is also a perfect example of why I ALWAYS have lipstick on. You never know who you'll run into!

12 comments:

  1. I think freaking is a good middle name for him...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regular people who just don't stand in line like regular people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes - there is that whole "let's stop the entire ride for these people" thing. I ignored it 'cause he was hot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha this post made me laugh out loud. I wish I could see celebrities like that and I wish I would have done the WDW College Program when I got excepted. Oh well

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe he'll take the kids to run the Princess Half. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll text him and tell him to! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! My friend and I always tell teach other never to forget lipstick because you never know who you are going to run into! And here is proof.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great story! I've always liked Bruce and Demi. I love GI Jane. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So funny. That's a good idea - always wear lipstick 'cause you never know who you will run into.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cool story! Where's the picture of Demi?.... :-/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº