Sunday, September 12, 2010

Just A Quick Little Post

It is Race Week!!! I love race week. Any time I have one I pretty much dedicate my entire week to getting my mind and body ready. I'm going to get in a longer run today, before I taper this week. I'm so excited for Friday night and dinner. Woohoo!

Today I'm really enjoying being at home. Laundry. House cleaning. Even ironing - just for fun! Who does that?? Apparently I do. This gave me a chance to finally see the 2nd part of the New Jersey Housewife's reunion. I really like that Caroline Manzo!

Also, after reading Lucy talk about Zumba and seeming loving it, I ordered that Zumba DVD set they keep advertising on TV. I went all out and paid all at once so I could get the "free" faster shipping. Who knows - maybe by the end of this week I'll have finally tried it out! I've been wanting to do something fun for cross-training, but I don't swim and I don't own a bike. I don't like going to gyms and feeling like a fool around all the skinny people lifting weights - and I don't really want to be so close to other people's sweat, or sweat in front of other's. . . . so maybe doing Zumba in my living room will be just the fun thing I need! I have done Yoga Booty Ballet for a very long time and I think I just wanted a change. I'm excited to give it a go!

Yesterday I went to a local Art and Wine festival. We had been given free tickets, which was nice. Upon entering we were given a wine glass to use at all of the booths. Not being a wine drinker I slipped mine in my purse and just took in all the sights and sounds. There were musical acts, locals dancing (always a treat to watch!), many vendor booths and even a rock climbing wall! It was a nice way to spend the afternoon/evening. 

Once home I lingered around my mom's house and forced her to watch Hello Dolly with me. Love that movie! Eventually I went home - and was up until 3 o'clock in the morning watching 9/11 things on the History Channel. This show was the best one so far! I wish I could tear myself away from that stuff, but I just can't. It is just always fascinating to me in some weird way. A never ending supply of first-hand accounts!

And that's that. Back to my chores!

WAIT!!! One more super exciting thing!!!!
Tomorrow is my One Year Running Anniversary!! I cannot believe it!! - more on that tomorrow. :-)


7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the running anniversary! Today I am having a do nothing day. Yeah for lazy days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching that stuff on the history channel. there is always so much info to absorb. have a good taper week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy running anniversary! Enjoy your taper week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read about your running anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on year 1...looks like you have a good number of long races planned for year 2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The art and ine festival sounds like so much fun to me. I wish we had more of those where I live:)

    Happy running Anniversary! I think it is awesome that you found something that you enjoy and stuck with it! Have a great week...make sure to drink plenty of water so you are properly hydrated for your race:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy running anniversary! Can't wait to read about the zumba! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº