Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Little Non-Race Swag!

Christmas came early in my little cottage today!  Let's start with a photo, shall we?
Ahem - hello? I said photo ... insert photo, please!  .......Sheesh, it is impossible to get good help these days.


Ah, thank you. 
And now, without further ado, let's dissect this photo and enjoy all of its goodness!
  1. First up we have lovely new, bright orange Converse All-Stars. I have owned approximately eleventy-hundred Converse in my day - but never bright orange. I found these at the store tonight, and after all of my coupons I saved $19! How can I pass up Converse that are an amazing bright orange and nineteen dollars off??  Oh I can't wait for football season and tailgate parties! Go Beavs!
  2. The rainbow heart purse. I felt that it was my duty as fruit fly, faghag extraordinaire, Miss Gay Rights Activist to buy the rainbow heart purse! I will test it out this weekend at the State Fair and see if it makes the cut for the big Disney World pilgrimage NEXT MONTH!!  Did I mention it was on sale and only cost $8?? Score!
  3. This months Runners World magazine. Aren't we all happy when that new, fresh issue arrives in the mail box??
  4. Harry Potter #4 and #5.  I didn't see #6 on DVD, but they had it on BluRay. I'll wait until I find it cheaper. On next month's Disney World pilgrimage we are going to Islands of Adventure and taking our first trip through all the Harry Potter stuff. Since I had never really seen the movies, I decided to do "homework" and watch all of them. I finished #3 tonight before my "stories" came on. (Shout out to Project Runway and Jersey Shore. Ssh, don't judge.)  ;-)
  5. My personalized Walt Disney World maps arrived today. What? So what that I worked there for three and a half years, I NEEDED those free, personalized maps!
 It was a fun evening! Now my dinner has been devoured. The top 1 Hit Wonders of the 80's has been watched on VH1 and I have an hour before Project Runway. Time to squeeze in an evening run - assuming the major amount of smoke has cleared the air.  

Speaking of Runway - you watch it, right? That girl Gretchen?? Ugh - horrible!! Why does the Oregonian have to be the most unlikeable contestant? And does she own a mirror? Or hairbrush? Drives me batty!  Makes me miss the days of Santino. Did you see Tim Gunn last week? He made my day!

Okay, you're dismissed. Whatever you are about to do, take Tim Gunn's advice ... Make it Work!


10 comments:

  1. I still haven't gotten my latest issue. What the heck? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Converse sneaks remind me of UT orange---Ewww!! Someone should supply you with some UK blue---for reals!
    Love the purse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine just arrived today - maybe yours will appear tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pile of goodies. I got Runners World and New England Running yesterday but didn't have time to glance at them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the shoes. I have a pair in almost every colour and I'm just breaking in some traditional black Chucks right now. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE Harry Potter! I have all the ones out on DVD. I have NEVER seen one in a theater...I wait til they come out on dvd. I still haven't watched the one I got for Christmas yet! And I love Harry Potter weekends...ya know when the Family Channel plays Harry Potter movies all weekend. :) Oh and I never read any of the books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see you have the Harry Potter thing going on.
    Great orange sneaks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. jackpot -- awesome! Enjoyed reading your "disection"!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want my Runners World! My sis in law got hers on Thursday...where is mine?! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just found your blog; love it! :) I also love it when the new RW is on the doormat....Ahhhhhh...:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº