Friday, September 24, 2010

OMG, YOU GUYS!!

Was that the most annoying valley girl blog title ever or what? Technically I DO live in a valley, so it's all okay! 

So what am I flipping out over? I have a new unofficial PR! I went out last night for a 5K run and it was fantastic! I wasn't trying to be a speedy pants, but at least twice when I randomly looked at ye olde Garmin it said I was going Faster than 10 minute mile pace. My dream is to be faster than a 10 minute mile, but its i a pace I can't maintain for too long.... yet!

After I finished my 3.1 miles I felt good. I knew I had given it my all and fought through the moment when I wanted to just stop and walk for a bit. Once I got in the door and did a double take I realize that I had run faster than my prior race PR that I set in May BEFORE the whole hip bursitis incident. Woohoo!!  (32 minutes last night, by the way).

Yesterday I did register for the Monster Mash 5K! I think my plan of setting a new PR at the race is what helped me out so much last night. I love the image of me having an awesome race time ... all while running as my dark version of Alice in Wonderland. I promise I won't run with the blood or the knife!! I will bring my bloody bunny for the costume judging portion, and probably bring out my good ol' black eye shadow and nail polish. Let's just hope for a dry day because who wants to see me cross a finish line with black make-up running down my cheeks? Actually, that would be awesome!

I just had to share the close-up version. LOVED my make-up that night. Even had make-up on my fingers!

8 comments:

  1. Great job! I had hip bursitis in the Spring too! Sidelined me for over a month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The image of you running with a bloody knife is hysterical... could you imagine the other runners??? You probably wouldn't have to push your way through the crowd. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good run!! I am definitely a 10 minute miler too...with dreams of getting faster some day. :) Good luck w/ your PR on your next 5k!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!! That's great news! Good job, and I bet you will have blast at your 5K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the 5k time but BOO! on the Halloween costume, you freaked me out, great make-up but ditch the knife. Eeek!
    I cracked up at the comment you left because in kindergarten I brought a record(okay, I'm dating myself)to school and made the class do ballet around the room. True story.
    Hmmmm....we are very similar!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go on with your awesome self!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously. That picture is scary! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº