Thursday, September 23, 2010

Three Things Thursday

I will do my very best to not be a total bitch in one of my things. It will be hard, and you'll see why!

1. I think today I will register for the Monster Mash 5K in October. It does feel like the right fit for me. Costumes, a 5K-9 race (and I love dogs, so this is perfect!), its not on a home football game weekend, I have a costume picked out, (see photo on the right!), my mom will cheer ... it's all working out just the way it should. I'm pretty excited. I think I might even run without my camera since my mom will be there to photograph. Maybe I'll just go out and set a new 5K PR for myself. Yeah?

2.  Brace yourselves for the bitch to come out.  My dad and I haven't spoken to each other since mid-February shortly before I left for Orlando to run in my first big race. I'm not sure if you're aware, but it is nearly the end of September. Anyway, I'm in my facebook this morning playing Scrabble, tending to my farm, you know - the important things. And then I see a link posted on my dad's wall. "Girl kills herself after her dad posted this on her wall." And facebook says he has "liked" this link. Huh. Well. Wow. How does one take that? I'm sure his gold-digging wife loves it and hopes that it will happen. (I swear to you I'm not even being dramatic. She really does hate me.) Well, sorry to disappoint you ... but I am here to stay!! The world isn't getting rid of me that easy!  

3.  This Zumba thing is pretty fun! I actually did get out a small towel last night like they suggested, and I totally used it. Next time I'm going to have TWO glasses of water handy instead of just one. I never expected to work up that much of a sweat, but I'm glad I do! Tonight's a running night, so no more Zumba until Friday. I'm so wild, I spend my Friday night's home alone exercising. Eh - you all understand!

Happy Thursday, Everybody!  (Only 36 days until my Walt Disney World vacation!!!)
And on a side, WDW related note, I have the smell of the Frontierland section of the utilidor in my nose. Or is it the backstage Pecos Bill Cafe smell? It is something from that whole area. I can't even describe it. It's one of those smells you just have to experience for yourself! (But do you really want to experience it? NO!)



11 comments:

  1. You looks scary in that costume!

    Sorry about your Dad...that sucks. Just ignore it. It's not even worth a comment from you. That's probably what they want.

    Glad you're liking Zumba!

    ReplyDelete
  2. race sounds super fun! good luck!

    sorry to hear about your 'situation'-- glad you're here to stay! :) keep smiling and stay positive!

    i love, love, love zumba! great workout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah - I did get the prize for scariest costume! I was Malice in Horrorland -- I had "blood" on my wrists from a failed suicide attempt. HA! OMG now that is really funny considering my 2nd "thing" of the day. And my bunny was late, so I had to kill him. Poor little guy - it was a soft little stuffed rabbit - by the time I was done he was covered in blood. It was a "fairy tales gone bad" themed party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I won't be that scary at the race, however!

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty scary costume! I heard that facebook thing was a virus/scam. I'm sorry you haven't talked, but I wouldn't even think about that whole situation. Sounds like you are doing GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the costume, that is pretty bad a**.

    I am so sorry about the situation with your dad. Of course you are here to stay, you have races to run and blog entries to write. ;)

    So glad you are liking the Zumba dvds. Of course, I'm always on team Zumba.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Monster Mash sounds like a great idea especially with that costume - wicked! Have you run in a costume before? I was wondering how that was.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your costume creeps me out. The dad situation- I feel you on that. men are so immature. It never changes. I took Zumba here in Atlanta and disliked it. I was sad because I took it in NJ and LOVED it- but its so different here. We just spent an hour doing only latin dances. In NJ it was a great mix of latin and hip hop both move wise and music wise. So I'm gonna need you to tell me your thoughts on the dvds. If they are that good, I will be getting them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG - you are so spooky in that pic! I was doing the 10k I would definitely dress up like a zombie. I would be walking like one by the end, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the costume, I bet the race will be fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº