Wednesday, September 22, 2010

WANTED: An October Race

As it stands I am not registered for any races until the Royal Family 5K and the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon in Orlando next February. This just won't do. I like having one race per month. There is still time for me to pick out a race for October, excluding the final week when I'll be in sunny Florida!

There are quite a few I can choose from. That's the nice thing about Oregon - we never lack for race options year round!  I just can't decide.

Do I go with the Halloween themed race since I love Halloween and there is a costume contest? Do I support the Susan G. Komen peeps and pay a ton of money to run in a little 5K (seriously $35 just to have a chip timed race?!?)? Do I go with a trail race that has brats (vegetarian here!) and fun Oktoberfest sounding entertainment?

What do you look for in a race?? Charity? Cost? Location? Length? Terrain? Distance from home? Swag? I'm all about the swag!  Help me decide!!

11 comments:

  1. I look for a nice route, cute t, and great after race food, but not necessarily in that order. I love Halloween, so I vote for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look for the scenery first if possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am doing a Monster Dash Half Marathon on October 30th:) So many people dress up in costumes...it is so fun to see what people dress up as:) Good luck finding a good race for October!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to run a Halloween race, I don't think we have any around here, so sad!
    Lately, I've been looking for marathons that are far away and can become fun vacations for us. I don't worry about the cost and it always seems to work out but I don't think I can keep doing two big ones, far away, twice a year!! My secret wish is to do London next year...I guess it's not a secret anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually stick to local races, and usually with a theme...like a chilly chili run in January, a St. Patrick's Day run, just adds a bit more fun to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Around here I just do what they offer. :) I think you should do a Halloween one...that would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Halloween has won! And I know which costume I'll be in. Never thought I'd be one of those costumed runners, but looks like I will be now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm running the Zombie half marathon in Anchorage! I plan on dressing up. Makeup and all.

    Next year I think I'll look into this "monster" series I heard about in MSP?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally have to Google the Zombie half now and see what this is all about!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely Halloween, because I cannot WAIT to see what you wear! I know it'll be good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tampa has a race the last week in October...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº