Monday, October 4, 2010

100 Days - Week 6 Recap

Week 6 was the best so far!

French fries only once... which has been the norm, and I am fine with it being once a week.

Zumba only happened once .... I ended up running more, so that didn't leave as much time for other fitness activities.

Running ..... I basically ran a half marathon over the week! For me this was huge. This was my highest mileage week since I became a runner! I felt really good on all of my runs, too. Crazy but the best I felt was on my longest run yesterday, that ended in a crazy, silly, blood bath!

Overall I am really happy with how I did. I hope to keep up my determined attitude as I lead up to my vacation. Since I will be gone for 10 days I decided I WILL bring my shoes to Disney World with me and do my best to find the energy to do some morning runs before I start the day!

On an unrelated note, a BFF (I have a couple!) just returned from his vacation and sent this photo to my phone:



I LOVE IT!! I am so obsessed with the Statue of Liberty. I have been since probably the 2nd grade. I'm adding that to my bucket list. I guess I can tackle seeing her and running in Central Park all on the same trip - whenever that trip may be.

Have you seen the Statue of Liberty in person? How was it? What did you think?

7 comments:

  1. Another awesome week! Keep up the good work. :) I've heard good things about Zumba, I'll have to try it sometime

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to the Statue of Liberty since I was a kid! We didn't go all the way up it, my sister had a panic attack. I'm a huge fan of landmarks like that though. Yay on the miles!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great week! I have only seen the Statue of Liberty from Battery Park. I hope to get closer the next time I am in NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing the Statue of Liberty. THis summer we rode bikes on Governor's Island with the Statue of Liberty right in our sights. It was surreal and glorious! All of NYC is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen it and it is an awesome sight. It made me think of all the other people who have passed this way . Put it on your list to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your high mileage week! That's such a good feeling.

    Love the SOL, too. I've been there 2 or 3 times and it is pretty cool. Definitely make it a to-do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You better let me know when you come to NYC! I'm 5 miles away and have been wanting to run in Central Park too, but haven't yet. Lady Liberty? She's pretty darn cool! I haven't been in awhile but I want to go back. Ellis Island is also really interesting to see!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº