Thursday, October 21, 2010

3 Things: Visions of Buffett Racing Through My Sleep

  1. I am still on my Jimmy Buffett high. I promise to stop talking about it after this post. I will share a funny thing I realized about that concert experience though. My "date" -- I was his first date with a women EVER!, and I suspect his partner got a total kick out of that! -- and I noticed that a lot of the men at the pre-parties were checking out my coconuts. They would comment on them directly, or they'd comment on my glasses, ask if they could get a picture, and then suddenly back up and turn the camera on its side for a full body shot. A couple of wives gave me the stink eye. Sorry! :)  Vernie Vern (my date) and I were giggling about it the whole time. He even got a couple of nods from other guys there, seeming to kind of high five him for being their with such a younger woman. Now trust me, I am not at all delusional and thinking I'm worth turning your head at. I've NEVER experienced anything like the attention I got that night. And then I realized WHY I was getting attention .... I was the minority. I was one of the few younger women there. I have blond hair, not gray. I was dressed up more than any other younger people. And basically, I wasn't an old lady!  That concert was a sea of gray! But hey, if it let me feel somewhat pretty for one time in my life, then I'll take it! Fins up!
  2. Because of that awesome night, and the fact that I drove until after 1 o'clock in the morning before I stopped to sleep, I am STILL tired. I try to sleep and I can't because my mind can't stop singing A Pirate Looks At Forty and One Particular Harbor.  Tonight I will go home, have my first run since Sunday, and then go straight to bed!
  3. It is Race Week! I ignored that fact, due to my obsession with Buffett. But it is time to be serious. I have to hydrate. I have to make sure my costume is clean. I have to be sure to go get my bagel and my banana BEFORE race morning. I was under prepared for a couple of races and I don't want to make that mistake again. This one is the last 5K I am registered for before the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon weekend is here. I imagine I will find another race or two between now and then. But as it stands, this is it. The last fun, short, fast race. And I hope it will feel fun, short and FAST!! I am itching to set a new PR, and I really feel I can do it!

13 comments:

  1. Short and fast. Good plan for Saturday morning! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you have coconuts:)

    Yea, it is race week! Keep hydrated and get ready to rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Sat!!! :P I'm SO JEALOUS that you are running the DP1/2 this year!! Let me say that again: SO JEALOUS. You've gotta give me some detailed race reports, mk???
    Post your running schedule! I LOVE reading those. I'll post mine too once I get past "trying to run a mile" lol.
    So if this 1/2 marathon goes well... I'll see you in a year and a little less then a half at the DP1/2 then right?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Liz - I wouldn't be surprised if I end up back at the Princess in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um... clearly you're not aware of this but... you're ADORABLE! Just so you know... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, thanks, Talitha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, the Princess Half... Where Crazy Rhonda and Conservative Lesley will meet... a perfect pair! Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let me just say that I think it's awesome that you dressed up for the concert! Plus, I'm just a tad jealous of the margarita shades... just sayin'. You're going to do great this Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you had so much fun and got checked out a lot. :) Have a fabulous race this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. good luck this weekend, and you're killing me with those glasses!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your glasses! Looks and sounds like you had a FANTASTIC time!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the energy that comes across through your writing! And I hope you beat your PR too.. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº